- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
- Inkoop Specialist AGF - Bleiswijk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Sri Lanka lifts temporary ban on fresh coconut exports
The recent ban was enforced from January 15 to April 31. The CDA has been imposing a ban on the export of raw coconuts from time to time to stabilise prices during periods of low crop.
Director General of CDA, U.G.R. Ariyaratne revealed that coconut exports were suspended to control rising local prices of nuts due to a shortfall in production during this period.
Local nut prices were around Rs.70 per nut and the ban on raw coconut exports was aimed at maintaining the price at a stable level of Rs. 60 during the festive period, he said adding that the authority will grant permission to export fresh nuts under strict controls with effect from May 1.
This decision was taken to maintain the country’s fresh coconut market share overseas as a continued ban would help other coconut exporting countries like Malaysia gain from Sri Lanka’s loss, he added.
However exporters of value-added coconut products were of the view that the lifting of the ban at a time when the crop production was not adequate to meet the local demand is not so prudent.
Click here to read more at sundaytimes.lk.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-17 Naogaon farmers turning Bangladesh croplands into mango orchards
- 2019-06-17 Mango display contest running through June
- 2019-06-17 New Zealand’s biggest redeveloped avocado clonal orchard placed on the market for sale
- 2019-06-17 Saint Lucia: Expanded growth in agriculture
- 2019-06-17 Pakistan mangoes recently obtained permission for export to China
- 2019-06-17 The mango is a hallmark product of the Dominican Republic
- 2019-06-14 China: Pinduoduo Inc sells $969 million of agricultural goods in 12 days
- 2019-06-14 June California Avocado Month program enters seventh year
- 2019-06-14 Nine people arrested in Spain for theft of tropical fruits in the Axarquía
- 2019-06-14 Australian chocolate fruit? Yes, this is real
- 2019-06-13 Florida avocado growers expecting bigger volumes
- 2019-06-13 Partnerships with retailers aim to break down barriers to avocado purchase
- 2019-06-13 Vietnam: Lychees eligible for export to US and Chinese markets
- 2019-06-13 Vietnamese firms plan to penetrate Russian market
- 2019-06-13 India: Mango production in Uttar Pradesh almost 70% less than last year
- 2019-06-13 At least 31 Indian children die from brain disease linked with lychees
- 2019-06-12 China: Hainan residents set Guinness World Record for lychee picking
- 2019-06-12 India: Tripura exports 193.10 tons of pineapples so far this year
- 2019-06-12 Mexico is the largest exporter of mango in the world
- 2019-06-12 Peru: The Kent Mango variety is the most demanded by the USA and the EU