- Category Supply Manager - Sydney or Brisbane (Australia)
- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Chinese garlic and ginger going out of stock in Bangladesh
- Tshwane fresh produce market "on the brink of collapse"
- Ethiopia will irrigate more than a million hectares before September
- Coronavirus creates demand for New Zealand organic apples
- Tight avo market but Fuertes from Tzaneen will start picking up
India: Social media the next buzz for farming
Mr. Jain said that despite scientific revolution in the field of agriculture, farmers were still reluctant to utilise the innovations, leading to disappointing yields.
“The State government is all set to provide the best ambiance to farmers, taking the scientific knowledge to their doorsteps. It is high time all farmers should register their mobile numbers with the departments concerned to receive information through social networks on latest trends in farming, including fighting pests, water management and fertilizers. The government is ready to provide the best marketing facilities and pack houses, which will effectively curb the menace of middlemen,” Mr Jain said.
He asked officials to expedite the process of holding sessions with farmers on new crops, drip irrigation, power supply, subsidy and related aspects. Scientists from Indian Institute of Horticulture Research, Bangalore and Citrus Research Project, Tirupati; took part in the programme.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-24 Brown locust outbreak confirmed in Namibia and SA's Karoo region
- 2020-02-24 PMA A-NZ and GS1 Australia work to improve fresh produce safety
- 2020-02-24 Bill addresses shortage of US agri border inspectors
- 2020-02-21 "Where are we going to find workers from for our industry?"
- 2020-02-21 Protests of Spanish growers intensify
- 2020-02-21 USDA PACA restrictions update
- 2020-02-20 Mixed reactions to new minimum wage for farmworkers in South Africa
- 2020-02-20 The FTA between Peru and Australia will benefit the fruit producers of Ica
- 2020-02-20 "The protests cannot be ignored"
- 2020-02-20 "New immigration policy could severely impact UK farming sector"
- 2020-02-19 Spanish agricultural producers block motorway in El Ejido
- 2020-02-19 Huelva joining in the protests in Spain on February 27
- 2020-02-19 Time running out for the EU to agree on the CAP budget
- 2020-02-19 "Quality controls help Mexican growers with export to Europe"
- 2020-02-19 Much uncertainty remains surrounding US-China trade deal
- 2020-02-19 USDA establishes quarantines in Texas after Mexican fruitfly sightings
- 2020-02-19 USDA files actions against Calif. company for alleged PACA violations
- 2020-02-19 Bill to boost inspections at US seaports and airports
- 2020-02-18 UK: Notes on 'Most Favoured Nation tariff schedule'
- 2020-02-18 Murcia loses 144,000 hectares devoted to agriculture in the last decade