- Sales/Marketing Professional - Europe
- Looking for an opportunity in India
- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Malawi farmers advised to diversify crops
The Secretary for Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development Erica Maganga said Thursday that the advice is part of the mitigation measures to combat negative effects of the 2014/15 rainfall pattern which may affect production in some parts of the country.
“Farmers that are yet to plant maize are being encouraged to plant early maturing varieties. Millet and sorghum should also be considered in areas that these crops do well,” she said.
She added that farmers should use water harvesting technologies such as box ridges, swales and check dams to conserve moisture.
Some parts of Malawi have been receiving normal rains while others are receiving erratic rains in this rainy season.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-04-08 Members of Congress and produce industry urge financial relief for industry
- 2020-04-08 New Zealanders are picking up the jobs in horticulture
- 2020-04-07 Markets in Ukraine’s Kiev region to remain closed until epidemic improves
- 2020-04-07 Murcia is looking for 36,000 laborers for the harvest and handling
- 2020-04-07 Russian Ministry of Agriculture asked to temporarily restrict tomato imports
- 2020-04-06 US agriculture groups call on gov't to act against unfair detention and demurrage penalties
- 2020-04-06 USDA files action against New Jersey company for alleged PACA violations
- 2020-04-06 South Africa centralises water supply for duration of lockdown
- 2020-04-06 Challenging times for PPECB inspectors
- 2020-04-03 "There are not enough laborers"
- 2020-04-03 Copa and Cogeca ask European Commission for exceptional measures
- 2020-04-03 USDA restricts PACA violators from operating in produce industry
- 2020-04-02 "Communicating the challenges you face will help us help you"
- 2020-04-02 Spanish Government approves new support measures for its agricultural sector
- 2020-04-02 "It is time to turn over a new leaf"
- 2020-04-02 Israel mobilizes the youth to harvest fruit
- 2020-04-02 Covid-19 will be major test for US farms and food supply chains
- 2020-04-02 Farming sector British Columbia facing worker shortages
- 2020-04-02 “I feel imported fruits are not a necessity for the Indian consumers”
- 2020-04-01 "The biggest problem now is the lack of mobility of harvesting crews"