- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Ecuador raises banana price 9%
The new price, 9% higher than the current $ 6, was set by Ministerial Agreement and approved Thursday and will come into force from January 1 until December 31 next year.
Ecuador, the leading exporter of bananas and the fourth largest producer in the world, sold a total of 253 million boxes of bananas in 2013, 5 million more than in 2012, which totalled 248 million, according to official data.
In 2014, the Association of Banana Exporters of Ecuador (AEBE) expect to export 290 million boxes of bananas, representing a record against the major peak of exports achieved in 2011, which was 283 million boxes. The main buyers of the Ecuadorian fruit are the United States and Europe.
Ecuador last July reached an agreement with the EU, but is awaiting final approval of documents by the Ecuadorian legislature and of the Council and the European Parliament for its entry to be put into force.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-22 Chiquita shares its water reduction efforts on World Water Day
- 2019-03-22 "Unconventional" theme for company's banana month
- 2019-03-22 Organic banana production in Piura, Peru, sees economic growth
- 2019-03-21 A modern ripening plant doesn’t necessarily make a good banana
- 2019-03-21 Fyffes implements water recycling system in Costa Rica
- 2019-03-21 Banana production areas in Yunnan and Laos suffer from hailstorms
- 2019-03-20 Green-ripe banana
- 2019-03-20 “Getting the right supply chain information is crucial”
- 2019-03-20 Chinese banana prices readjust as supply speed grows
- 2019-03-20 Food service a growth market for bananas
- 2019-03-19 Diseases in Ecuadorian crops increase due to misuse of agrochemicals
- 2019-03-19 Banana blossom: Vegan dish with the texture of fish
- 2019-03-19 China: Banana prices rise in production areas, but not in fruit markets
- 2019-03-18 "High banana price almost more than the Chinese market can handle"
- 2019-03-18 Chinese banana price rapidly increased in March
- 2019-03-18 The President of Brazil denies favoritism with the restriction on Ecuadorian banana
- 2019-03-18 Ecuadorian banana shipments dropped by 3.32% in January
- 2019-03-18 Myanmar increases banana supplies to China
- 2019-03-15 New challenges to Peruvian bananas coming from neighboring countries
- 2019-03-15 Bolivia more than doubled banana sales to Chile in 2018