- China Sales Representative
- Asia Sales Representative
- Category Supply Manager - Sydney or Brisbane (Australia)
- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Chinese garlic and ginger going out of stock in Bangladesh
- Tshwane fresh produce market "on the brink of collapse"
- Ethiopia will irrigate more than a million hectares before September
- Coronavirus creates demand for New Zealand organic apples
- Tight avo market but Fuertes from Tzaneen will start picking up
NZ: Cherry crop light, but bigger fruit
Packhouse manager Nicola Whyte said they planned to begin exporting cherries to South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam next week. The timing of the season at Cherryland had been about normal.
Hot, sunny days and not too much rain meant the quality of the fruit had been pretty good, Whyte said. The lighter crop meant the size of the cherries were bigger this year, with the size of cherries averaging between 28 and 38 millimetres.
Whyte put the light crop down to variable temperatures during winter. The change between colder and warmer weather had a bad effect on the buds.
The timing of the season was later than last year, but last year had been an early season, Whyte said.
At the height of the season about 30 pickers collected cherries from Cherryland's 6500 trees.
As well as the export of cherries to overseas markets, the cherries are sold in Auckland and at the Blenheim orchard. People can also pick their own cherries at the orchard.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-21 "There is a greater movement of Chilean fruit in China"
- 2020-02-20 “We are investing heavily in new soft fruit varieties for North-Western European cultivation”
- 2020-02-19 First organic Arra 15 grapes imported into North America
- 2020-02-18 It is primarily the female citrus fruit that has more pips
- 2020-02-17 "Where retailers are involved having extra shelf life is quite an important factor"
- 2020-02-17 Promising fruit fly trap to be tested on grapes
- 2020-02-14 South Korea: Enterprises launch campaign supporting Vietnamese fruit
- 2020-02-14 The Chinese health crisis could cause $100 million dollar losses in Chilean fruit exports
- 2020-02-14 “We know that there are pressures to close Brazil's border to Argentine fruit”
- 2020-02-13 “In building our business for the future, we’ve identified significant global growth opportunities"
- 2020-02-12 Chinese fruit farmers find a way to combat financial loss due to virus
- 2020-02-10 Nosema maddoxi is an entomopathogen infecting Halyomorpha halys in the US
- 2020-02-10 Food-insecure households purchase less fruit than food-secure households
- 2020-02-07 'Business as usual' for NZ fruit exports
- 2020-02-07 Arab nations: Fruit imports from Brazil up 34% in 2019
- 2020-02-07 New sugar substitute made from food waste
- 2020-02-07 Chile announces record fruit exports for 2019
- 2020-02-07 Alternative markets needed for Thai fruits
- 2020-02-05 Great success at the second “CIV & Friends Meeting” event
- 2020-02-05 “Our fresh fruit platform for the industry is unique in Europe”