- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Belarus: Blueberry with hint of radiation
All the berries in the markets are compulsory checked for radiation, says Elena Mahnovetskaya, an expert of Sanitary and Veterinary Service in Moscow. However, we come across cases of radiation background quite often; it is prohibited to eat those berries. We should not forget about Chernobyl zone. Apparently, there is no radiation left on the ground surface, but below ground it is still present.
Within the last 6 months the experts rejected 43 loads of blueberries (184 kg). Radiation pollution was detected in the berries. In 2013, 119 loads were withdrawn (total weight over 900 kg). Most of the dangerous berries came from Belarus and Vladimir (27 loads from each).
Extremely dangerous radioactive nuclide – Cesium-137 – accumulates in blueberries, explains Elena Mahnovetskaya. - The element absorbs fast in the intestine and then builds up in muscles. Decay period of Cesium lasts around 30 years. During all this time a person will enwomb radiation.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-16 China: High fruit prices dip
- 2019-09-13 Bangladesh: Fruit imports are soaring
- 2019-09-12 Fruit growers in Spanish region of Navarre unhappy about prices
- 2019-09-10 Washington's Sweetie apple has started shipping this week
- 2019-09-10 Fresh fruit is one of the top US food exports to Hong Kong
- 2019-09-06 "Our fruit is now a gift in plastic packaging or a container"
- 2019-09-06 Romanian fruit trade - January to April 2019
- 2019-09-05 Turkish cherry, grape and pomegranate exporters join forces to set new records
- 2019-09-05 Argentina: Pyrethroid resistance mutation in Cydia pomonella
- 2019-09-05 Turkish apples are exported all over the world
- 2019-09-04 Australian fruit farms feel the heat in northern Victoria
- 2019-09-04 Fruit trade shortage in Flanders at 530 million, double that of 2016
- 2019-09-02 How will Chinese fruit wholesale market prices fare in the rest of 2019?
- 2019-08-30 There is still room for Spanish fruit in the Chinese market
- 2019-08-29 “Still good demand for summer fruit in Belgium; increased demand for grapes”
- 2019-08-28 Better Polish apple season expected; trade expansion efforts must continue
- 2019-08-27 China: Prices of fruits in Shandong market remain high
- 2019-08-26 Canadian fruit sector keeps close eye on EU fruit export decision
- 2019-08-21 US farm exports find new market in Vietnam
- 2019-08-21 Drug cartels still favour fruit shipments for their illicit cargo