- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Sales Manager
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New freight train from China through 5 countries in Central Asia
According to Van Bingvay, the CEO of Logistics company of “Chengdu-Central Asia”, this train departing Chengdu Railway Station, goes westwards via Lanzhou and Urumqi; in about 4 days it reaches Alashankou, from where it continues its journey to Almaty (Kazakhstan), Bishkek ( Kyrgyzstan), Tashkent ( Uzbekistan) and Dushanbe (Tajikistan), and terminates in Ashgabat (Turkmenistan). The journey takes from 9 to 11 days, which is almost two times faster than before.
It is noted that the train can carry up to 35 containers. The first freight of 25 containers, that has been already loaded, includes large items of machinery and equipment, spare parts and consumer goods, - worth of 12 million USD. This railway line is expected to create “a unified centre, a single basis”, and due to the high demand for consumer goods, electronics and appliances, to form a purchasing centre for the Central Asian countries - a cross-border trade platform. This will bring the Chengdu brands to international promotion.
Furthermore, the climate of Central Asia contributes to the high demand for fresh agricultural products of good quality. The Chengdu route is to benefit from agricultural advantages and to create an agricultural produce export centre for Central Asia.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2014-07-31 Extend shipping distances for perishables
- 2014-07-30 Philippine Ports Authority plans to privatize 3 ports in Mindanao
- 2014-07-30 Maersk unveils low-sulphur surcharge, but customers of other carriers must wait
- 2014-07-29 Qatar Air aims to be among top five cargo operators
- 2014-07-29 "Limited availability of reefers will lead to greater shortage of equipment"
- 2014-07-28 Chile's CCNI and Hamburg Sud ink preliminary merger deal
- 2014-07-28 Israel: “Beauty of vegetables” opens new logistics centre
- 2014-07-28 New route for South American citrus, grapes and blueberries to the U.S.
- 2014-07-25 CEO at Easyfresh and expert in global reefer logistics
- 2014-07-24 Ability to scan cargo on moving trains with no loss of security
- 2014-07-23 Peru: Ecuador's restrictions affect exporters
- 2014-07-22 Tilbury wins CMA CGM North Europe-Med service to meet demand
- 2014-07-22 New freight train from China through 5 countries in Central Asia
- 2014-07-21 Triple-E ships boost Maersk’s Asia–North Europe capacity by 15%
- 2014-07-21 Oman International Container Terminal enhances capabilities at Sohar Port
- 2014-07-21 Affordable cold chain solutions to protect valuable assets
- 2014-07-18 Maersk Line: Additional ECA surcharge will be $50 to $150 per FEU
- 2014-07-17 Building a fresh-produce gateway through South Florida ports
- 2014-07-16 New CHEP pallet hits Germany
- 2014-07-16 Air cargo carriers facing very different fates in current climate