- Product Manager - United States
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager
- Aweta Sales Director Italy and Spain
- Junior Account Manager - Central Europe
- Post-Harvest Quality Manager - Avocado
- Senior Technical Lead - Beamsville (ON) Canada
- General Manager - Buswa, Uganda
- Head Grower - Jordan (ON) Canada
- KAM DE/AT/IT/BE/NL - Valencia, Spain
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Red Bahri dates also available
India: New packing and markets for Bhari dates
Gorasiya farm is one of the largest farms in India producing barhi dates. "Our 5500 barhi dates palms produce nearly 800 tons of barhi dates and we ensure quality is maintained throughout the season by various modern techniques," explains Rattan Sharma. "Fresh barhi dates season is starting in July this year and we are expecting best ever yield this season. Our dedicated team has been working hard on improving the quality and yield of the fruit by means of efficient nutrition management. We at Gorasiya farm ensure our barhee dates are sweet and delicious when ripened."
At this point in time the well trained and highly skilled team is engaged in taking extra care of small green dates which will take less than two months to turn into ripened yellow dates. "Right now we are ensuring the date palms have enough availability of water at their roots as the temperature in the kutch region is increasing day by day. More sunshine and adequate water supply will ensure us improved quality of the fruit in terms of size, colour and sweetness," according to Mr Sharma.
Gorasiya Farm are expecting the yield in the first week of July 2014 and the company's marketing is aggressive this season so to expand market reach. "We are targeting the European Union and South East Asia to market our fresh produce. This season we are also planning to introduce fresh red dates to our fresh dates portfolio. We will be coming up with the red dates in beginning of June 2014 which is our early produce of fresh red dates. We are expecting a good start in the season as Ramadan is on the way and most of our clients eat fresh dates on Ramadan festival. This year we’re also planning to export to Pakistan and we are looking to target Dubai as this is a very important market for us. We want to get our dates out to as many different countries as possible."
Gorasiya Farm are also working hard on developing new packaging for their fresh barhi dates. "We have introduced new tube packaging in our portfolio with a net weight of 500 grams of fresh dates. We will be targeting this new tube packaging at major retailers in different countries." The company will be starting this packaging as a high end product which will contain handpicked fresh dates specially packed for retail stores. Along with the tube packaging Gorasiya Farm already have 500 gram punnet packaging which will also be introduced in European markets and South East Asian markets.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2014-05-30 Kiwi delegation visits India to boost mango exports
- 2014-05-29 Trade between Peru and Brazil grew almost 800% in 13 years
- 2014-05-28 "150 hectares of Tommy Atkins mangos replaced with Palmer"
- 2014-05-27 "Trading with Russia remains extremely difficult"
- 2014-05-26 Brazil: Government defines standards for integrated production of potatoes
- 2014-05-23 Brazil: “Air shipments have enabled us to create a niche market of great quality fruit”
- 2014-05-22 Brazilian government issues new ordinance with minimum price for oranges
- 2014-05-21 India: New government must frame fresh policy on retail
- 2014-05-20 Brazil first South American country to eradicate codling moth
- 2014-05-16 Brazil in search of new banana varieties resistant to Panama disease
- 2014-05-15 The Global Economy: A World Of Acronyms
- 2014-05-14 Brazil: Sector concerned about Ecuadorian banana imports
- 2014-05-13 Brazil will increase fruit sales in Russian market
- 2014-05-12 Brazilian melon will access the Chilean market
- 2014-05-09 Brazil: Orange production estimated to increase by 6.5%
- 2014-05-08 Companies advised to limit risks in Russian market
- 2014-05-07 Brazil is world's third largest fruit exporter
- 2014-05-06 India: New packing and markets for Bhari dates
- 2014-05-05 Brazil evaluates Risk Mitigation System for exports to Argentina
- 2014-05-02 Abrafrutas looking to increase Brazilian fruit exports