- Procurement & Sales Manager, Potato Division - Lobinstown, Co. Meath, Ireland
- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Top 5 -yesterday
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL ORANGE MARKET
- Corona-update: IRU speaks of 'alarming gap in global response to COVID-19'
- Limpopo citrus grower-exporter started Covid-19 prep three weeks ago
- "Sales of fruit and vegetables down 60%"
- "We’re selling half of our produce at cost price, to help people in these difficult times"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Black raspberries may fight bowel cancer
The North American berries are a more intensely flavoured variety and are rich in antioxidants (disease-fighting compounds).
Previous studies have suggested that eating black raspberries regularly could reduce the risks of bowel cancer.
In a new study, the Medical College of Wisconsin tested the berries on mice with ulcerative colitis (an inflammatory condition that’s a possible precursor to bowel cancer).
One group of mice was fed black raspberries, another were put on a normal diet, and ulceration in the colon was measured (an indicator of the risk of cancer).
The results found the berries prevented ulceration by blocking the signals that instruct healthy cells to become malignant.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-03-25 Horticulture supply chain businesses may need to register as an essential service during NZ lockdown
- 2020-03-23 Australian and New Zealand governments strengthen COVID-19 response
- 2020-03-18 "Don’t fear eating your fruits and veggies"
- 2020-03-13 Cal Poly study focuses on women's health ... and strawberries
- 2020-03-10 A NASA experiment concludes that space lettuces are more nutritious
- 2020-03-10 Researchers study the effectiveness of a component of oranges and mandarins against obesity
- 2020-03-09 Daily avocado consumption improves concentration in overweight people
- 2020-03-06 Food is more effective than supplements in fighting the flu
- 2020-03-06 Researchers find ingredient in cruciferous vegetables prevents growth of cancer cells
- 2020-03-02 Bio Turbo for produce industry is believed to be effective against coronavirus
- 2020-03-02 Washington Apple Commission claims apples effective in fight against cancer
- 2020-02-28 More evidence that antioxidant-rich foods can boost brain health
- 2020-02-28 Low fruit/veg intake and higher body fat now linked to anxiety disorders
- 2020-02-27 Unsalted tomato juice may lower risks for cardiovascular disease
- 2020-02-21 Carrefour and Nestlé intent on improving child nutrition
- 2020-02-21 The health benefits of soursop
- 2020-02-20 Higher intakes of certain fruits/vegetables may result in fewer menopause symptoms
- 2020-02-12 Treating eczema with Indian strawberry
- 2020-02-11 Post-Brexit farming should focus on fruit and veg
- 2020-02-07 Love for avocados in combination with walking improves heart health