- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Black raspberries may fight bowel cancer
The North American berries are a more intensely flavoured variety and are rich in antioxidants (disease-fighting compounds).
Previous studies have suggested that eating black raspberries regularly could reduce the risks of bowel cancer.
In a new study, the Medical College of Wisconsin tested the berries on mice with ulcerative colitis (an inflammatory condition that’s a possible precursor to bowel cancer).
One group of mice was fed black raspberries, another were put on a normal diet, and ulceration in the colon was measured (an indicator of the risk of cancer).
The results found the berries prevented ulceration by blocking the signals that instruct healthy cells to become malignant.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-22 Los Angeles grocers are selling out of celery - “Global Celery Juice Movement”
- 2019-03-21 Tackling obesity in South Africa: Making fresh farm produce fashionable
- 2019-03-21 More antioxidants from chopped & uncooked spinach
- 2019-03-19 White onions: Getting healthy hair & soft skin
- 2019-03-19 Fruit and veg consumption in Mexico fell by 30% over the last 30 years
- 2019-03-14 Sour cherry: a good sleeping pill
- 2019-03-13 Eating mushrooms may reduce the risk of cognitive decline
- 2019-03-13 Avocado seed extract might be anti-inflammatory compound
- 2019-03-12 Hot peppers: a new weapon in the fight against obesity?
- 2019-03-11 “Agbalumo’’ lowers blood sugar, cholesterol- expert
- 2019-03-11 New Zealand blackcurrant contains high levels of cyclic Glycine-Proline
- 2019-03-07 ‘Keto diet’ blamed for rising avocado prices
- 2019-03-05 "Tomatoes may help reduce risk of liver cancer "
- 2019-03-04 Washing yourself with lemon juice can damage the skin
- 2019-03-01 Canadians eat fewer fruits and veg than 11 years ago
- 2019-02-27 Spain: If people took recommended fruit intake, growers could make 200 M€
- 2019-02-27 Red raspberries may aid glucose control in people with pre-diabetes
- 2019-02-27 ‘Beetroot juice is better for footballers than for cyclists’
- 2019-02-26 Gulf nations fall in new global health ranking
- 2019-02-26 Avocado stone fights against cardiovascular diseases and cancer