- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Looking for reinforcement?
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Black raspberries may fight bowel cancer
The North American berries are a more intensely flavoured variety and are rich in antioxidants (disease-fighting compounds).
Previous studies have suggested that eating black raspberries regularly could reduce the risks of bowel cancer.
In a new study, the Medical College of Wisconsin tested the berries on mice with ulcerative colitis (an inflammatory condition that’s a possible precursor to bowel cancer).
One group of mice was fed black raspberries, another were put on a normal diet, and ulceration in the colon was measured (an indicator of the risk of cancer).
The results found the berries prevented ulceration by blocking the signals that instruct healthy cells to become malignant.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-11 ‘Add avocados to your diet plan’
- 2019-09-09 Celery Juice: The biggest trend in health and wellness
- 2019-09-06 “Eating mushrooms three times a week can slash your chances of prostate cancer”
- 2019-09-05 Teens eating lots of fast food and no fruits/vegetables may be more susceptible to depression
- 2019-09-04 Fruits provide edge with cognitive health benefits
- 2019-09-03 UK teenager goes blind due to poor diet
- 2019-09-02 Flavonoids in apples and green tea might protect against cancer & heart disease
- 2019-08-30 Strawberries researched in development of insulin pill
- 2019-08-30 Fibers in fruit and cereal might lessen risk of common bowel disease
- 2019-08-16 Vacuum keeps food fresh and cool from field to table
- 2019-08-16 Vegetable-rich Wahls diet lowers fatigue in MS-patients by raising good cholesterol
- 2019-08-15 Study shows foods with vitamin A may help protect you against sun damage, skin cancer
- 2019-08-08 Six US states sue EPA over pesticide
- 2019-07-16 ‘Grasshoppers and silkworms - antioxidant capacity is similar to orange juice’
- 2019-07-08 Amazing benefits of bael fruit
- 2019-07-08 British army exchanges bacon for avocado on toast
- 2019-07-04 FDA and CDC Join Forces: Preventing Cyclospora Infections
- 2019-07-04 Follow me to be Healthy with Europe
- 2019-07-02 New study shows that nut consumption may help improve erectile function
- 2019-06-28 UK: Testing whether broccoli soup can combat arthritis