- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Sales Development Executive - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Vietnam: Cashew exporters expect busy coming months
From October to the pre-harvest period in March next year, cashew export should perform well. Prices will be higher than those in the second and third quarters but surges are unlikely to happen, Hoc predicted.
Vietnam exported 168,000 tonnes of cashew nuts worth 1.07 billion USD in the first eight months of this year, rising by 18 percent in volume and over 10 percent in value year-on-year.
Statistics from Donacas show that its member manufacturers need around 130,000 – 150,000 tonnes of raw cashew each year. However, domestic sources are capable of supplying only half of that amount, the remainder is imported.
At present, domestic supplies are not abundant and the amount of imported raw cashew is only about 70 percent that of last year, since importers are encountering difficulties in borrowing capital. As such, Donacas has urged its members to make good material preparation for the pre-harvest period.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-05 Israeli start-up targets California almond market
- 2019-12-04 US: Hazelnut Marketing Board commits to expanding export markets in Asia
- 2019-12-02 Australia: Select Harvests has had great nut haul
- 2019-11-29 “Currency exchange rate is a huge problem”
- 2019-11-29 Tree nut and dried fruit productions to add up to 4.5M and 3.3M metric tons, respectively
- 2019-11-27 New Tonda Francescana hazelnut variety
- 2019-11-19 US farmers want 'their Chinese market' back
- 2019-11-15 Walnuts and hazelnuts: income is made possible by programming
- 2019-11-13 British Columbia: Hazelnut industry bounces back in a big way
- 2019-11-13 Ghana’s food security threatened by expanding cashew production
- 2019-11-12 India is largest South Asian market for California’s walnuts
- 2019-11-08 Pace of walnut harvesting accelerates in Moldova
- 2019-11-08 Drop in chestnut volumes between 60 and 90%
- 2019-11-06 New partnership to make prune-based energy bars
- 2019-11-05 "With new line of dried fruit from South Africa, wholesaler and specialty stores can distinguish themselves"
- 2019-11-05 Fatty acids quality index to classify pistachio cultivars
- 2019-11-05 Turkey increases its global share of hazelnut production
- 2019-11-05 US project Sterile NOW shows major improvements
- 2019-11-01 Are you ready for PollyO?
- 2019-11-01 “Hot dry summer in Europe promises a good chestnut season”