- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
- Application & Sales Engineer - Europe
- Citrus farm manager - Can Tho, Vietnam
- Commercial Director - Dalat, Vietnam
Top 5 -yesterday
- “There is a difference between selling and shipping apples”
- An automatic machine to salt sun-dried tomatoes
- Bringing together Australia’s key fresh produce growers and suppliers
- "Washing salad might in fact be riskier than not washing it"
- Black citrus farmers tell citrus summit of need for organised agriculture in rural farming areas
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New Triple E Maersk class launching below capacity
But even as hopes are high that its launch will herald a new era in container shipping, the vessel will start its life operating below capacity.
Maersk hopes that the giant ship will give the line an advantage over competitors plying the sea lanes between Europe and Asia, amid a price war that threatens some operators' ability to stay afloat.
Maersk will have to sail the vessel, which is expected to leave its shipyard on Friday, well below its capacity of 18,000 containers as the company waits for ports to upgrade.
Its first Triple-E is one of 20 that Maersk has on order but is expected to carry an average of only 14,000 containers at first, since many port gantries aren't tall enough to handle the additional boxes. Of the total of 16 ports certified to handle Triple-E size vessels, several lack the necessary gantries.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-19 AU: Cairns progresses to business case stage for agricultural export centre
- 2019-03-19 MSC & Contship Italia in talks for largest Italian container terminal
- 2019-03-19 New TNE service to connect Turkey with the US East Coast
- 2019-03-14 MSC offers new service between Turkey & Canada
- 2019-03-13 Chile: Fruit freight has potential for development in Puerto Coronel
- 2019-03-13 Barcelona Port: Strike blocks container trucks
- 2019-03-13 IATA Launches CEIV Fresh
- 2019-03-12 Western India’s containerised trade outgrew the other regions in Q4 trade
- 2019-03-12 Maersk launches new service to St. Petersburg
- 2019-03-12 Commerce Chamber aims for direct Colombia airlift
- 2019-03-11 Mexico: Chiapas banana exports are in danger due to lack of dredging
- 2019-03-08 MSC enhances Australia Express service
- 2019-03-08 CMA CGM updates its Europe / Indian Ocean and Australia offering by upgrading NEMO service
- 2019-03-08 Hauliers now refusing to send trucks to UK
- 2019-03-07 $150 million green light for NT Airport expansion project
- 2019-03-07 Colombia to export avocados to the US and Argentina through Port of Buenaventura
- 2019-03-07 New logistics center to benefit Alaska air cargo transfer program
- 2019-03-06 "We abstain from air shipped imports all year round"
- 2019-03-06 Delays at French ports due to "Brexit strike"
- 2019-03-06 Spain: Davila Reefer Terminal plans Marin port expansion