- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Sales Manager
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
China: Shanghai Carrefour customers can now scan own produce
The production place and date of the item, the business license of its supplier and other information regarding the farms can be tracked down, officials said yesterday.
Customers will feel safe to eat these products, and the quality of the products can be controlled from their sources, according to Mahmut Kaya, merchandise food director of Carrefour's Shanghai region.
At the end of last year, Carrefour started putting the QR codes on products' price display boards. All of its outlets in Shanghai will have the codes by the end of this week, officials said.
To ensure food safety, Carrefour purchases agricultural products such as carrots, strawberries and green vegetables directly from farms in both the suburbs of Shanghai and other provinces known for their strict control of pesticides, according to Martin Dallocchio, regional manager of Carrefour Shanghai.
The intent is to improve food safety and freshness, and also increase farmers' incomes at the same time, Carrefour said.
Following checks by the farms, samples of products will be sent to a laboratory at Carrefour's Wanli outlet in Putuo District for further testing on pesticide residue. The lab checks nearly 50 indexes such as food additives, microbes and veterinary drugs for about 65 categories of products.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-23 Aldi opened its 900th UK store
- 2020-10-23 Instacart is launching EBT SNAP integration in partnership with Aldi
- 2020-10-22 Whole Foods Market: Free one-hour grocery pickup now available at all US stores
- 2020-10-22 Co-op: Partnership with Gophr to further expand online home delivery in Scotland
- 2020-10-21 Metro AG: Acquisition in Portugal
- 2020-10-21 First Arizona stores for ALDI
- 2020-10-20 Asda launches its first sustainability trial store
- 2020-10-20 Albertsons is piloting pickup lockers
- 2020-10-19 Alibaba will invest $3.6bln to acquire a controlling stake in hypermarket operator Sun Art
- 2020-10-19 Farmstead coming to the East Coast
- 2020-10-16 Meijer: Free pickup service
- 2020-10-16 Carrefour: New grocery delivery service in Poland
- 2020-10-15 Carrefour: Acquisition of Bioazur
- 2020-10-15 Acme Markets plans to acquire 27 Kings Food Markets and Balducci’s Food Lover’s Markets
- 2020-10-14 Monoprix: First unstaffed store
- 2020-10-14 Smart & Final: Store planning and workforce management improvement
- 2020-10-13 Waitrose & Partners: First e-commerce platform launched outside of the UK
- 2020-10-13 Florida gets 4 new Winn-Dixie stores
- 2020-10-12 Tesco will be recruiting more than 11,000 temporary colleagues
- 2020-10-12 Amazon: Stake in SpartanNash