- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Fiber pulp from tomato plants can be used to produce packaging material
‘Biobased economy’ is an important research and development theme at Wageningen UR. A biobased economy is an economy in which companies convert biomass into products, chemicals and energy. Wageningen UR works together with different partners to develop sustainable technologies for converting biomass into products.
Several of Wageningen UR's biobased economy related research projects focus on developing materials from agro-residuals. Wageningen UR developed this tomato packaging together with the Dutch Product Board for Horticulture, tomato growers and packaging producers. Together with Kenniscentrum Papier & Karton and Kenniscentrum Plantstoffen, Wageningen UR is also investigating whether tomato stems can be used in cardboard production.
Click here for more information
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-21 Biodegradable coffee cups - grown from fruit
- 2019-03-20 Aldi supermarkets to sell unwrapped vegetables in UK
- 2019-03-20 Can Japan do without all its plastic?
- 2019-03-20 Solid board packaging tested in various markets
- 2019-03-19 Migros switches to black boxes, resulting in red faces
- 2019-03-19 Swedish researcher creates bioplastic from fruit waste
- 2019-03-19 Narrow carton trays for freshly grown herbs
- 2019-03-18 "Plastic with a positive impact on the environment"
- 2019-03-18 "Cotton nets will become established in the trade within a few years"
- 2019-03-15 Smurfit Kappa to launch tender offer for shares in Cartón de Colombia S.A.
- 2019-03-14 Artichoke shelf life extended by 10 days with new packaging system
- 2019-03-13 Edible packaging from seaweed
- 2019-03-08 "Robust cotton nets, use again and again"
- 2019-03-07 Tropical avocado importer extends shelf life
- 2019-03-07 New look and planet-friendly packaging for Rockit apples
- 2019-03-07 Spanish horticultural sector seeks sustainability with cardboard packaging
- 2019-03-07 Automatic grape packing line 3.0 enters new season
- 2019-03-06 New look packaging for leafy greens grower
- 2019-03-06 Healthy food brand to showcase new packaging at Expo West
- 2019-03-05 'Reusable crate system Clever Fresh is an answer to the uniformity of the market'