- China Sales Representative
- Asia Sales Representative
- Category Supply Manager - Sydney or Brisbane (Australia)
- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
- The EC insists that the Valencian citrus crisis is not due to South African imports
- Woolworths Organic Growth Fund invests $1m into four Australian farms
- Florida hits peak in strawberry production
- High volumes of red grape varieties expected in coming month
- El Salvador declares a phytosanitary emergency due to HLB
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Chinese garlic and ginger going out of stock in Bangladesh
- Tshwane fresh produce market "on the brink of collapse"
- Ethiopia will irrigate more than a million hectares before September
- Coronavirus creates demand for New Zealand organic apples
- Tight avo market but Fuertes from Tzaneen will start picking up
Fiber pulp from tomato plants can be used to produce packaging material
‘Biobased economy’ is an important research and development theme at Wageningen UR. A biobased economy is an economy in which companies convert biomass into products, chemicals and energy. Wageningen UR works together with different partners to develop sustainable technologies for converting biomass into products.
Several of Wageningen UR's biobased economy related research projects focus on developing materials from agro-residuals. Wageningen UR developed this tomato packaging together with the Dutch Product Board for Horticulture, tomato growers and packaging producers. Together with Kenniscentrum Papier & Karton and Kenniscentrum Plantstoffen, Wageningen UR is also investigating whether tomato stems can be used in cardboard production.
Click here for more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-25 Emojis to be featured on packaging to boost consumer engagement
- 2020-02-25 Australia: First delivery of wooden boxes for Kangaroo Island seed potato harvest
- 2020-02-24 IPL: "Reducing our use of plastic packaging"
- 2020-02-24 Greater collaboration on fresh produce packaging between retailers and growers
- 2020-02-21 The plastic packaging problem
- 2020-02-21 “Our cardboard trays for 4 organic fruits will be available in early March”
- 2020-02-18 Loose fruit & veg: which supermarket is the best for shopping plastic-free online?
- 2020-02-18 Mexican company unveils sustainable packaging avocado solution
- 2020-02-17 "All the advantages of wood pulp trays with the processability of PET"
- 2020-02-17 Brambles' sales revenue of US$2,397.6 million increased 7% at constant currency with growth in every region
- 2020-02-14 Behind the scenes of Australia's fresh vegetable produce
- 2020-02-13 Futuragri chooses compostable labels for its tomatoes
- 2020-02-13 Ready-Ripe watermelon pouch helps cut watermelon stay fresh longer
- 2020-02-13 "We are working on sustainability because we don't want to just talk, but act"
- 2020-02-13 New packaging solution that degrades in 4 weeks
- 2020-02-13 "New packaging strategy and plum varieties make us a reliable partner for the retail trade"
- 2020-02-13 "There is a lot of catching up to do in the automation for processing and packaging"
- 2020-02-12 New bioplastic cling film released for fresh produce packaging
- 2020-02-12 "We do not simply offer boxes, but individual, combined solutions"
- 2020-02-12 Edeka branch in Mönchengladbach starts with wicker baskets for EPS crates