- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Indian grape season will start with lower volumes
- "The rains have forced us to stop the harvest and delay the loading"
- Global apple production from 1961 to 2017
- “We deactivate Gram negative bacteria such as E.coli”
- Introducing new slashing equipment on banana plantation has proved to be a real time-saver
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Canada: Potato wart shuts down Prince Edward island potato fields
The potatoes produced in the fields are being destroyed.
The CFIA has placed the fields under quarantine and is carrying out control measures. Those measures include controlling the movement of equipment and soil as well as cleaning and disinfecting machinery to prevent spread of the fungus.
P.E.I. Potato Board officials said they were notified late last week, and all potato growers on the Island have been told.
In 2000 a discovery of potato wart led to the closure of the American border to potato imports. Protocols have changed since then, and there were no trade issues after subsequent discoveries of the fungus.
Potato Board officials said trade partners have been notified, and it is business as usual.
The border closure in 2000 cost P.E.I. potato farmers $22 million in sales.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-06 White onions from Turkey not really to Indians’ liking
- 2019-12-06 Global sales from onions exported by country totaled US$3.5 billion in 2018
- 2019-12-06 Upper House Japan approves US-Japan agreement on Ag Trade
- 2019-12-06 "Our new sweet potato variety Elizabeth is very popular in China "
- 2019-12-06 Maine potatoes expected to see ‘strong demand’ after frosts troubles US western harvest
- 2019-12-05 Potato export to Great Britain continues actively
- 2019-12-05 "We'd like to expand our sweet potato selection to 10-15 varieties over the next few years."
- 2019-12-05 Early freeze negatively impacts US potatoes
- 2019-12-05 France could increase its potato exports to Spain next season
- 2019-12-05 Tearless sweet onions now shipping to US retailers
- 2019-12-05 Princesse Amandine potato will start to be produced in Spain in 2020
- 2019-12-05 Egypt, Turkey and Afghanistan come to India’s rescue
- 2019-12-05 Eagle Eye Produce, Oregon, on onions: “Demand is definitely picking up”
- 2019-12-05 Grant County and rest of Washington State defy nationwide potato production drop
- 2019-12-05 Potato cultivation Northern India to drop
- 2019-12-05 Potato price collapse in Ukraine not enough to stop imports
- 2019-12-04 Agritech helped Maharashtra farmers avoid onion crop damage
- 2019-12-04 Albert Bartlett buys into frozen food brand Kiddyum
- 2019-12-04 Fresh potato consumption grows by 15% in 5 years
- 2019-12-04 "Good starting position for Latin American sweet potatoes on the European market"