Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
A solution for the problem of potatoes ageing in storageIn September, potato storage begins in the Netherlands. Many crops, including potatoes, are harvested. These potatoes are then stored for several months. A new atomiser, specifically for sprout inhibitors during this 'storage period', has been designed.
The atomiser, known as the Synofog, uses a new technique - electro-thermal atomisation. The advantage of this new piece of apparatus is that it does not have an open flame. This ensures its safe use with all kinds of sprout inhibitors.
Before the development of the Synofog, fuel engines were often used. There was an open flame, and hot airflow. This warm air is created in a different manner with this new machine. The Synofog blows air through a heating element. Jos Veugen: "In this way we adjusted the 'old' atomiser's technique to an electric way."
Jos:"The Synofog is much safer and emits no CO2. This is a big plus, because these emissions speed up the potatoes' aging process."
The Synofog was launched last year. Veugen put out several pieces of apparatus and this followed the process. The Synofog was displayed at Potato Europe this year, where it was well received. "The Synofog was nominated for the MKB (Small and Medium Business) Top 100 this year, eventually reaching a decent 48th place. We are very proud of this."
For more information:
Frans Veugen Bedrijfshygiëne bv
6031 RK Nederweert
T +31 (0) 495 46 01 88
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: