Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
A solution for the problem of potatoes ageing in storageIn September, potato storage begins in the Netherlands. Many crops, including potatoes, are harvested. These potatoes are then stored for several months. A new atomiser, specifically for sprout inhibitors during this 'storage period', has been designed.
The atomiser, known as the Synofog, uses a new technique - electro-thermal atomisation. The advantage of this new piece of apparatus is that it does not have an open flame. This ensures its safe use with all kinds of sprout inhibitors.
Before the development of the Synofog, fuel engines were often used. There was an open flame, and hot airflow. This warm air is created in a different manner with this new machine. The Synofog blows air through a heating element. Jos Veugen: "In this way we adjusted the 'old' atomiser's technique to an electric way."
Jos:"The Synofog is much safer and emits no CO2. This is a big plus, because these emissions speed up the potatoes' aging process."
The Synofog was launched last year. Veugen put out several pieces of apparatus and this followed the process. The Synofog was displayed at Potato Europe this year, where it was well received. "The Synofog was nominated for the MKB (Small and Medium Business) Top 100 this year, eventually reaching a decent 48th place. We are very proud of this."
For more information:
Frans Veugen Bedrijfshygiëne bv
6031 RK Nederweert
T +31 (0) 495 46 01 88
Publication date: 9/27/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: