- International Account Manager
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Producer's organization Mecklenburger Ernte GmbH
"We are positive about the market results"
CEO Klaus-Dieter Wilke of the producer's organization Mecklenburger Ernte GmbH
The CEO is also satisfied with the quality of the apples: “With a view to quality, our companies have recognized that one needs to be ready for anything. Especially for extreme weather phenomena, such as this year’s heat period, and climate change. With the help of the producers’ organization, our producers have created several irrigation capacities for their plantations in advance. Thus we were not as strongly affected by the great heat and drought this summer as other producers in other regions.”
Mecklenburger Ernte GmbH has specialized in the marketing of classical apple types such as Jona Gold and Elstar, the CEO explains. “Other club types and mutants play a small part with us. Our producers are more regionally and classically focused.” The marketing of the apples also takes place mostly regionally, Wilke continues. “Beside the large German growing areas such as the Alte Land and Lake Constance, we play a minor role. We assert ourselves on the market with a high quality and the main focal point of our distribution is in the area of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Berlin and Brandenburg.”
Produce for processing
Beside table fruit, the area of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania is also characterized by various industrial fruit growers. Wilke describes the situation: “For our produce for processing, the cost prices of 2015 are clearly better than the year before. For during the last campaign, extremely bad prices have also been paid. If we were to cover the production costs of the producers however, these higher prices are unavoidable. Therefore the current situation is, compared to last year, quite pleasant.
“Export has not played an important role for us thus far,” Klaus-Dieter Wilke explains. “Nevertheless, we very clearly support the intention of all German producer’s organizations of opening up new export markets. Especially the new markets in the Far East. In view of stagnating consumption figures in Germany and Mid-Europe, this is an urgent necessity.”
EO Mecklenburger Ernte GmbH
Wölzower Weg 7, 19243 Wittenburg
Tel. +49 (0) 38852-680-0
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-27 "With the Limvalnera strawberry, we can supply retail programs from October to June"
- 2023-01-27 “We did sell much more of Gala variety”
- 2023-01-27 Uppal brothers revolutionise fruit packaging in Shepparton, Australia
- 2023-01-27 Frosts affect more than 40% of the extra-early fruit in the Murcia region
- 2023-01-27 Increased local demand for Ontario Red Prince apples
- 2023-01-27 “Turkish apple exports mainly went to India, Russia and Syria”
- 2023-01-27 Lesotho to increase fruit production
- 2023-01-27 Ukraine exported record high volumes of raspberries in 2022
- 2023-01-27 Moldova sharply increased exports of table grapes to the EU
- 2023-01-27 "We are entering the Valentine's Day campaign with good demand for strawberries and rising prices"
- 2023-01-26 Weather conditions raise concerns over the apple season in Lebanon
- 2023-01-26 "The PGI Cieza peach is already a reality thanks to the government of Cieza"
- 2023-01-26 Researchers play key role in Florida's $300 million strawberry industry
- 2023-01-26 "The entire commercial fruit growing sector at Lake Constance has its back to the wall"
- 2023-01-26 Chile exported 67,000 tons of prunes in 2022
- 2023-01-26 Record prices on Moldovan table grape market
- 2023-01-25 Harvesting and packing forced to standstill in Ica, Peru due to violent farm invasions
- 2023-01-25 Indian grape exporters frustrated by sluggish European markets
- 2023-01-25 “The export volumes of Juliet apples to Asia are increasing each year”
- 2023-01-25 New white strawberry variety targets year-round supply