- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- “I don’t know how blueberry farmers are going to survive”
- Shelf-life extension technology reduces brown stems in grapes
- Avocados Australia looks at export markets as growers brace for another oversupply situation
- "The recent price of Chilean cherries is lower than the same period last year"
- Israel’s 2022-2023 citrus season estimated to be lower and challenging
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Dutoit opens new Cherry Time™ packhouse with a ‘cherrific’ crop
Top 5 -last month
China is Vietnams largest exporter of fruit and veg
At this moment, Vietnamese fruit and vegetables are distributed over more than fourty countries and regions. The most important export countries for Vietnam include: China, Japan, South Korea, United States, Malaysia and Thailand. China is still the largest fruit and vegetables export market for Vietnam, taking up 64.2% of total exports. The most important export products for China are mango, dragon fruit, rambutan, bananas.
In the first eight months of this year Vietnam exported 700,000 tons of dragon fruit to China, equivalent to the total export amount to China last year. In addition, Vietnam exported 150,000 tons of litchis, 7,000 tons of longan and 3,000 tons of dried longan to China.
Vietnam's Ministry of Trade and Industry set up a more conservative goals for this years fruit and vegetables export of 1.65 billion US dollars, based on last year's 1.5 billion US dollar export amounts. Many experts believe that this year's export will exceed two billion US dollars.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-29 South Africa: Basic food basket costs R500 more than one year ago
- 2022-11-29 City of Hanoi wants to increase hi-tech agricultural production
- 2022-11-29 'Agricultural growth path needs a focused trade policy strategy'
- 2022-11-29 Increased attention for apples, potatoes, grapes and cranberries
- 2022-11-29 Florida tomato growers are moving forward after Hurricane Ian’s aftermath
- 2022-11-29 “There is definitely potential for our products in Asia
- 2022-11-29 Storms and heavy rains over parts of regional Queensland
- 2022-11-29 Cost of exporting fresh and dry produce drops 62 per cent in Kenya
- 2022-11-29 Growers, operators and stakeholders unite to address overseas recruitment challenge
- 2022-11-28 Over 400 exhibitors - Amount of visitors at pre-Corona levels
- 2022-11-28 Long wait at Bulgarian border hinders Turkish fruit and vegetable exports
- 2022-11-28 UK growers warn of more shortages in supermarkets
- 2022-11-28 India's shippers feel the pinch as perishable exports are hit by freight tax
- 2022-11-28 New Zealand intent on increasing trade with Vietnam
- 2022-11-25 Italy: Babaco Market raises €6.3 million for food boxes with "odd" food
- 2022-11-25 California: Farmers face $3 billion loss due to historic drought
- 2022-11-25 €1bn increase for the EU School Fresh Produce Scheme needed
- 2022-11-25 'Presence of Spanish Clemenules, Oronules and Orogros expanded once again'
- 2022-11-25 Canada to explore a free-trade agreement with Ecuador
- 2022-11-25 Australia focuses on India to counter China’s grip on trade