In essence the material is rPET with organic and inorganic fillers offering the following characteristics:
- Less petro chemical content
- Matt finish – 28 different colours but not clear
- Low carbon lightweight material
- Improved weight to strong ratio for top loading more resistant at lighter weights for over-wrapped products such a mushrooms
- Reduced condensation build up in tray due to reduced surface tension
H-PET also has all the commercial advantages of Polystyrene without the environmental consequences. The material can effectively divert 300,000 tonnes of waste styrene away from landfill annually using an effective substitute material that is 100% recyclable in the waste stream. Most councils do not consider styrene in their doorstep collection policy. Styrene ends up in landfill a voluble material taking thousands of years to break down. The equivalent tonnage of nearly 43,000 double decker buses annually in the UK.
The Hydrozorb material is manufactured with less petro-chemical content up to 20% is composed of inorganic filler, the resultant blend has been tested and meets the approval of the EU Regulation No. 10/2011 for plastic materials intended for food contact. The remainder of the material is a minimum of 50% post consumer recyclate and can be up to 100% PCW.
For more information:
Tel: +353 (0) 402 41234