- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
First half of 2015
Double-digit turnover growth for Fairtrade products in Austria
Thus, in the first half of 2015 alone, direct income as high as 16.6 million USD went to the Fairtrade producers in Africa, Asia and Latin America. By now over 1.5 million small farmer families and wage-earning employees in the producer countries benefit from this positive development. This monetary Fairtrade premium is, among other things, used to improve medical care, access to education and social institutions, and support long-term local development.
The Austrian market for Fairtrade products in the first half of 2015
Especially hot drinks (1,302 tons, +20%) and sweet products (1,340 tons, +119%) were the primary growth drivers in Austria. Last year’s results were expanded in other product groups as well. Fresh fruit (incl. bananas) increased by 8,900 tons (+7.8%), fruit juices and alcohol-free drinks by 3.3 million litres (+6.6%), food staples by 531 tons (+34%) and convenience products by 325 tons (+34%).
There are currently altogether 117 Fairtrade license partners in Austria, with three new companies. For the second half of the year, Mr Kirner is hoping for “a further increase in turnover, because through there we directly strengthen the positive impact locally, through improved living- and work conditions in the producer countries.
Current market research shows: Fairtrade seal is the most well-known in the world
Meanwhile the recognition value of the Fairtrade seal is over 92% in Austria. 9 out of 10 questioned Austrians trust the Fairtrade seal, 84% are familiar with the meaning and value of the Fairtrade seal. The survey with over 11,700 consumers was carried out in 2015 by the opinion research institute GlobeScan in 15 countries.
Fairtrade International: 105 million € Fairtrade premium for producer organizations
In 2014, consumers spent over 5.9 billion € on Fairtrade products. Among others, cocoa (+24%), bananas (+18%) and coffee (+12%) showed gratifying growth. However, the challenges on the road to a fair world economy are still very big.
Last year, around 105 million € worth of FAIRTRADE premiums went directly to the producer organizations – this corresponds with an increase of 14% compared to last year. FAIRTRADE products are now available in 125 countries.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-24 Mozambique growers will export 400 tons of organic lychees this year
- 2022-11-23 Cuba embraces eco-farming due to tightened US sanctions
- 2022-11-22 “Our connected hives allow us to measure the actual impact of our orchards on biodiversity”
- 2022-11-18 Knowledge and trust as well as visibility and attention in the organic industry
- 2022-11-16 "Impact of global conflicts on the German organic market"
- 2022-11-14 How can 30 percent organic farming succeed in Germany?
- 2022-11-11 Despite the challenges, the organic industry shows willingness to discuss and look for solutions
- 2022-11-10 Kenyan farmers in Kiambu lured by benefits of organic farming
- 2022-10-31 "Our ideal world is a single European certificate for food quality and sustainability"
- 2022-10-28 Organic food sales are down for the first time in a decade
- 2022-10-28 Export turnover of Vietnamese organic products has reached about US$335 million/year
- 2022-10-27 Organic consumption holds up if the supply range is extended
- 2022-10-27 "It is particularly important to us that everyone can afford organic goods"
- 2022-10-24 Tottenham Hotspur on the lookout for organic gardener to grow fresh fruit and veg
- 2022-10-20 Inflation hits US organic fresh produce in Q3
- 2022-10-18 Possibilities for Costa Rican organic crops to enter Denmark
- 2022-10-18 Rising energy prices: warning from French organic producers
- 2022-10-12 Almeria's organic production area increased by 22%
- 2022-10-05 Demand for organic produce outgrows supply in the US
- 2022-09-30 US organic growers can’t keep up with demand