Job Offers

Specials more

Top 5 - yesterday

Top 5 - last week

Top 5 - last month

Shipments would total between US $12 and $15 million

Outspan Peru expects to export 5,000 tons of paprika

Currently, the price of paprika in the international market has increased due to Peru, China and Mexico, the major producing countries, cultivating fewer areas. 

Outspan Peru SAC expects to export between 5,000 and 6,000 tons of paprika this campaign, which started in July this year and will end in June 2015, said the purchasing manager of the Division of spices, David Casanova. 

He stated that Outspan Peru had shipped 3,500 tons of paprika, which generated nearly $6 million dollars in revenue, in the previous year (July 2013 / June 2014). Thus, estimates the company would generate between $12 and $15 million dollars in revenues this campaign. 

He also said that his client two exported two types of paprika, ground paprika, which represent 80% of total shipments, and table paprika, which accounts for the remaining 20%. 

He said that all ground paprika is shipped to the US, while the table paprika is shipped to the United States and Mexico. 

Peru Outspan, which is owned by OLAM, purchases paprika from its producer associates, who are located in Piura, Lambayeque, La Libertad (Trujillo Chao), Lima (Canyon), Ancash (Chimbote), Ica and Arequipa. 



Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber