1. Vitamin bomb: Kale has the highest vitamin C level of all cabbages, contains large amounts of vitamin A, B and K. All of this is good for the immune system, nerves and bones and improves cell renewal.
2. Protection against cancer, allergies and infections: Kale is the plant that has the highest protection against cancer. Countless anti oxidants protect the body's cells against aggressive oxygen molecules (free radicals). The anti oxidants also prevent infections and allergies and fight them. An irritated stomach can be calmed by eating kale for a longer period of time.
3. More calcium than milk: Kale also has a lot of useful minerals. With 230 milligrams per 100 grams, kale has almost twice as high a calcium level as full fat milk. Calcium is important for healthy bones, teeth and muscles, as well as healthy heart function.
4. Potassium protects the blood vessels: Kale also contains large amounts of the valuable electrolyte potassium. Research has shown that a lack of potassium increases the chance of high blood pressure, strokes and heart attacks. A potassium rich food is therefore seen as good protection against heart and vascular diseases.
5. Kale contains protein: Kale has the highest protein levels of all cabbages and is therefore a good source of protein for vegetarians. 100 grams of kale contains 5.8 grams of protein, whereas full fat milk only contains 5 grams per 100 millilitres.
6. Fat burning: Kale is also loved so much by the Hollywood stars because it stimulate fat burning and contributes to cleansing the body. Eating kale provides the body with dietary fibre that leaves a full sensation for a long time. The vegetable also only contains 49 calories per 100 grams and fat burning substances such as vitamin C and magnesium.