Heading into its third season, the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation is fully geared up to welcome breast cancer awareness month. The foundation will continue working with commercial growers, FFA and 4H chapters across the country to promote pink pumpkins and raise funds for breast cancer research. Additionally, they have announced a new partnership for 2014 with Bake It HappenTM, a national baking campaign that raises money for breast cancer research.
The foundation debuted in the fall of 2012 with pink pumpkin growers across the country offering these unique pink pumpkins to their customers. In 2013, FFA and 4H chapters throughout the nation were offered free seed from Porcelain Doll seed distributor Seedway, as a way for students to meet their Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE) requirement and as a way for them to contribute to breast cancer research as they planted, harvested and sold their crops.
This year the foundation has garnered new energy by partnering with Bake It Happen. The campaign is unique in that the request for its participants is reasonable; no one is asked to personally solicit for money, to run in a race, or climb a mountain. It’s really quite simple, fun and anyone can participate: just bake and share a baked item with the people in your lives throughout the month of October.
Starting September 26th, participants will be encouraged to go to the Bake it Happen website to get access to recipes from Judy-- the mother of the two-sister team behind the Bake It Happen campaign who died of breast cancer. She is also the inspiration to the popular food blog My Judy the Foodie.
Throughout the month of October, participants are encouraged to bake the recipes and share them with anyone in their lives. Every time a recipe is baked/shared, participants take a photo and either upload it to Facebook (or social media of their choice) or email it with the hashtag #bakeithappen. Each time a picture is taken and shared, an anonymous donor will donate money to the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation, through Bake It Happen.
“When the Bake It Happen team approached the foundation with this creative opportunity, we were honoured to be the recipient of their efforts,” said Carol Holsopple-Froese, president of the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation. “As a breast cancer survivor myself, I am touched by this beautiful tribute to their mother which will help us make an impact in breast cancer research.”
While the multitude of campaigns throughout October won’t bring back those lives lost, they help bring awareness and funds to breast cancer research.
“Although it won’t bring our mother back, my sister and I have found a small bit of comfort in creating a program that not only raises awareness but also directs funds to support research for this insidious disease, said Shari Brooks and Stacy Pagan, the sisters behind Bake It Happen. “We are thrilled to be able to contribute to the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation through our campaign efforts knowing that 100% of the money raised will be ear-marked for breast cancer research.”
For additional information about the Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation and its pumpkins, please visit our website at www.PinkPumpkinPatch.org. For additional information on Bake It Happen, please visit www.bakeithappen.net.
For more information:
Golden Sun Marketing
Tel: +1 813.254.0769
- Ein- und Verkäufer Obst
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- How record rainfall is impacting California’s strawberries
- Europe undersupplied with stonefruit
- It’s time for dragon fruit to transition to mainstream
- New Zealand apples and pears available, Chilean stone fruits entered the peak of arrival
- "We're used to doing a lot for a little; now it's a little for a lot"
Top 5 - last week
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Israeli farmer grows world's heaviest lemon
- Berg River grape farm forgoes a packhouse for field packing
- "Rwanda is the next big player in exotic fruit and vegetables"
- Dragon fruit acreage in India expected to expand to 50,000 ha in five years under MIDH scheme
Top 5 - last month
- "Consumers will happily pay two euros for a Mars bar or can of Coke but not for their veg”
- Supermarkets limiting sales of veg per customer
- “Fruit industry in the Eastern Cape is facing a perfect storm”
- Eastern buyers prefer the taste of South African Grannies
- Durian smell forces Turkish Airlines flight to turn back
Raising awareness and money for Breast Cancer Research
Pink Pumpkin Patch Foundation joins forces with 'Bake It Happen'
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 Amelie Aust promoted to Executive Chair of Fall Creek Board of Directors
- 2023-03-21 Campoejido inaugurated a new seedbed in Dalias
- 2023-03-21 Fruit and Vegetable Growers of Canada celebrates successful centennial annual general meeting
- 2023-03-21 The Pachino PGI consortium is McDonald's Italian official supplier
- 2023-03-21 Geia Food is expanding its footprint in Finland
- 2023-03-20 Salix Fruits opens new office in Egypt
- 2023-03-20 Belgian cooperative appoints general manager
- 2023-03-20 Dutch company expands sales team and adds exotics to its range
- 2023-03-20 PSA International reports strong financial results amid slight container drop
- 2023-03-17 California avocado company partners with the San Diego Padres
- 2023-03-16 South African food producer Libstar's annual earnings down
- 2023-03-16 IFPA takes industry insights international during Quarter 1
- 2023-03-16 Apple board at White House to discuss trade, ag labor
- 2023-03-16 Camposol's CEO makes Forbes Peru “23 of 23” list
- 2023-03-16 Naturipe Farms hires new director of premium products
- 2023-03-16 “We want to strengthen and expand the French small fruit production”
- 2023-03-16 Pelemix acquires Even-Ari Green
- 2023-03-16 “It's been one of the most difficult campaigns we've had"
- 2023-03-15 Gruppo Orsero achieved and exceeded guidance targets
- 2023-03-15 California Avocado Commission hires new VP marketing