- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Area Sales Manager Benelux
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- ‘EU citrus ban due to false codling moth not politically motivated’
- Something sweet out of the bitterness of a citrus season gone awry
- GLOBAL MARKET OVERVIEW GARLIC
- "We have noticed that oranges are losing ground and mandarin consumption is on the rise"
- Consumers are buying more frozen vegetables because they are a healthy cheaper option
Top 5 -last month
- Vegetable trade war between Botswana and South Africa escalates
- Europe puts a lid on organic orange production in South Africa
- Citrus exporter: Appeal to shipping lines met with “an arrogance that astonishes me”
- Faster avocado growing method developed by Israeli researchers
- New potato disease found in North Dakota and Minnesota
Israel: Stable production and growing sweet potato exports
He also explains that “customers in Europe have better choice today as cheaper but lower quality sweet potatoes are coming from Spain. Carmy export continues to grow to provide the demand from Europe and from the local market. ”
Despite growing popularity in the local market, which offers really good prices, the company continues focused on exports. “We have strong, years long partnerships all across Europe and we continue to expand to other countries, it is important to us to keep providing high quality products even as demand increases; we are also working with other regions in the world such as the far east” affirms Yitzhak.
As for the season’s prospects, he believes that Carmy Export will be able to continue and support this season's demand esp. since the U.S. is not expected to ship its full capacity before the end of November. “Our exports will continue through-out the winter in Europe until the end of March. I am certain we can keep providing high quality product until the end of the season .” Concluded Yitzhak.
Carmy Export distributes sweet potatoes of the Georgia Jet variety, which is characterised by its tasty flavour and great appearance and is grown in the coastal area of central Israel, between Tel Aviv and Haifa. The company sells them in 6 and 15 kilo boxes.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-30 Philippines: Armyworms invade ‘onion capital’ Bayambang
- 2022-09-30 Walther Farms states that harvest is about halfway
- 2022-09-30 "Potato prices not too high, but extra costs make them pricey"
- 2022-09-30 Harvest of Egyptian spring onions delayed until mid-October
- 2022-09-30 Technological innovations to optimize the production of potatoes, 0% plastic packaging, and new formats
- 2022-09-30 "Many are not yet aware that the current situation is only a foretaste of what is to come"
- 2022-09-29 Researchers are seeking to develop spuds that resist harmful nematodes
- 2022-09-29 Irish potatoes: Retail demand and consumption have remained stable
- 2022-09-29 Royal Avebe fertilisation strategy should lead to higher potato yields
- 2022-09-29 “Despite a decrease in demand, the onion market remains steady"
- 2022-09-29 Value of all potatoes sold in 2021 in Idaho, Oregon and Washington at $1.92 billion
- 2022-09-29 Canadian potato farmers planted 155,856 hectares of potatoes in 2022
- 2022-09-28 Onion smuggling continues, sometimes under the very nose of the Bureau of Customs
- 2022-09-28 "From November, buying potatoes on the spot market will become difficult"
- 2022-09-27 China's potato exports hit another record in August
- 2022-09-27 Nearly 44% of potatoes harvested in Belarus
- 2022-09-26 Sri Lankan growers burdened by onion imports
- 2022-09-26 Jamaican government hopes sweet potatoes will replace imported wheat
- 2022-09-26 Farming business supplies KFC and exports to Europe
- 2022-09-23 US retail consumers spent more on potatoes