- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Außendienstmitarbeiter Substraten
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Strong demand for Turkish citrus from Russia, Ukraine
“The citrus market in the Russian Federation changed due to the closure of the wholesale market,” said Aysel Oguz, export sales executive for Eren Tarim. “The month of December is usually the busiest month of the year due to Christmas and New Year, so we're having very high demand for citrus from different parts of the world.” Instead of taking every request, Oguz said Eren Tarim is following a measured approach that ensures that their customers of many years are guaranteed sufficient supplies of fruit. Also looking to bolster the stability of their citrus supplies, Eren Tarim switched to a new lemon variety.
“In order to continue delivering good, quality lemons, we switched to the Lamas variety earlier this year,” said Oguz. “This way we can ensure that our customers are happy with the products we provide.” The new variety has a good shelf life and stores well, which allows Eren Tarim to build up enough supplies to satisfy consumer demand. This year, Eren Tarim also celebrated 20 years of doing business. The celebration included tours of packing houses and historic sites, a boat tour and an event at the Mersin Citrus Festival. A gala dinner with over 200 attendees capped off the weekend last month.
“At Eren, we are happy that each year our family gets bigger, so these kinds of celebrations should be conducted more often,” said Oguz. “It gives us a good opportunity to share joy happiness besides the everyday business.”
For more information:
Tel: +90 324 454 14 87/88
Mob: +90 533 695 58 02
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-25 Malta cultivation is booming in Brahmanbaria, Bangladesh
- 2023-09-25 How much did Egyptian orange imports grow in Spain and the EU last season?
- 2023-09-25 California, Mexico and Chile all slimmer on lemon supply
- 2023-09-25 Villari Group launches new brand 'Ducifinu'
- 2023-09-22 University of California looks into lemon pitting
- 2023-09-22 Historic high prices for oranges announced after meeting of citrus growers in Belize
- 2023-09-21 Confirmed CLas-positive Asian citrus psyllid found in Ventura County
- 2023-09-21 "Juicing orange prices to only keep rising"
- 2023-09-21 Belize’s traditional exports seem to face a decline
- 2023-09-20 US demand for the Brazilian juice underpins exports
- 2023-09-20 “Argentina’s prices change so fast, supermarkets don’t even put stickers on a product anymore”
- 2023-09-20 Hot EU market outweighs tariff impact on South African oranges
- 2023-09-19 Spain expects to produce 5.75 million tons of citrus in the 2023/2024 campaign
- 2023-09-19 Egyptian lemons coming soon
- 2023-09-18 Citrus harvesting trends in Florida
- 2023-09-18 Season’s first update to Brazil’s orange forecast
- 2023-09-18 Good weather means steady lime supplies
- 2023-09-18 “Early end of South African citrus creates a gap before start of Turkish season”
- 2023-09-18 Is the lime market a gamble?
- 2023-09-18 Pricing of oranges is high in Portugal due to import costs