Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (FL): Mangoes make early appearanceMay to October marks the months that mango lovers look forward to. It's when the many variations of this world-popular fruit begin to ripen, with the greatest production occurring in June and July.
However, this year's mango season is about two weeks early — thanks to the early cold and warm spring.
"We had a few cold snaps early in the year triggering the bloom," said Krista Erickson, director of operations for Erickson Farm Inc. in Canal Point.
The Erickson Farm has more than 4,000 mango trees growing on 45 acres with more than 40 varieties of mangos.
It has been an exceptionally earlier, warmer spring with some areas of Florida, including Tampa, setting record high temperatures in March.
Publication date: 5/23/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: