Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Worldwide Fruit win M&S Plan A Food Supplier of the Year awardWorldwide Fruit has been awarded Plan A Food Supplier of the Year at the recent Marks & Spencer Plan A conference
The award was presented to Hannah McIlfatrick ( WFL Business Unit Manager) by Marc Bolland, M&S CEO and Joanna Lumley.
M&S praised Worldwide Fruit’s commitment to Plan A stating -
“Worldwide Fruit has invested in ways to increase production efficiency and product quality while reducing energy consumption. The company’s employees benefit from extensive training while growers are encouraged to adopt environmental best practice and generate improvements.”
Worldwide Fruit are three years into a CSR program to reduce their carbon footprint. Steve Maxwell, Commercial Director at Worldwide Fruit, said the company had installed voltage optimisers to reduce electricity usage as well as reducing packaging. At the company's Spalding plant there is 0% waste, everything is recycled.
Worldwide Fruit CEO Robert Balicki said, " We are immensely proud to have won this award and would like to thank our WFL colleagues, our suppliers and our growers for their hard work and dedication to our sustainability agenda.”
Winning this award will refocus WFL on taking forward Plan A both internally and across the whole supply base to further move towards a sustainable supply chain.
For more information:
Tel: 0044 1775 717000
Further detail on Plan A can be found at http://plana.marksandspencer.com/
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: