Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Worldwide Fruit win M&S Plan A Food Supplier of the Year awardWorldwide Fruit has been awarded Plan A Food Supplier of the Year at the recent Marks & Spencer Plan A conference
The award was presented to Hannah McIlfatrick ( WFL Business Unit Manager) by Marc Bolland, M&S CEO and Joanna Lumley.
M&S praised Worldwide Fruit’s commitment to Plan A stating -
“Worldwide Fruit has invested in ways to increase production efficiency and product quality while reducing energy consumption. The company’s employees benefit from extensive training while growers are encouraged to adopt environmental best practice and generate improvements.”
Worldwide Fruit are three years into a CSR program to reduce their carbon footprint. Steve Maxwell, Commercial Director at Worldwide Fruit, said the company had installed voltage optimisers to reduce electricity usage as well as reducing packaging. At the company's Spalding plant there is 0% waste, everything is recycled.
Worldwide Fruit CEO Robert Balicki said, " We are immensely proud to have won this award and would like to thank our WFL colleagues, our suppliers and our growers for their hard work and dedication to our sustainability agenda.”
Winning this award will refocus WFL on taking forward Plan A both internally and across the whole supply base to further move towards a sustainable supply chain.
For more information:
Tel: 0044 1775 717000
Further detail on Plan A can be found at http://plana.marksandspencer.com/
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: