Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Kroger, Loblaw, Safeway agree to accept standard 4”x 2” RPC labels that result in a cost effective solution for growers and packers
US: Produce Traceability Initiative helps drive changeThree large retailers—Kroger, Loblaw, and Safeway—have agreed to accept a new standard 4”x 2” label for Returnable Plastic Containers (RPCs) following an industry collaboration driven by Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI) volunteers. The announcement was made to the PTI Leadership Council at its meeting held in conjunction with United Fresh 2012.
The change guides a level of standardization to RPC labeling and provides a cost effective solution for produce suppliers.
The effective date of the change, transition plans and other details regarding the new RPC labels have been or will be communicated individually by each retailer to its trading partners.
For more information:
Tel: +1 613-226-4187, ext 225
Tel: +1 302-738-7100, ext 3031
Tel: +1 202-303-3425
Publication date: 5/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: