Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Kroger, Loblaw, Safeway agree to accept standard 4”x 2” RPC labels that result in a cost effective solution for growers and packers
US: Produce Traceability Initiative helps drive changeThree large retailers—Kroger, Loblaw, and Safeway—have agreed to accept a new standard 4”x 2” label for Returnable Plastic Containers (RPCs) following an industry collaboration driven by Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI) volunteers. The announcement was made to the PTI Leadership Council at its meeting held in conjunction with United Fresh 2012.
The change guides a level of standardization to RPC labeling and provides a cost effective solution for produce suppliers.
The effective date of the change, transition plans and other details regarding the new RPC labels have been or will be communicated individually by each retailer to its trading partners.
For more information:
Tel: +1 613-226-4187, ext 225
Tel: +1 302-738-7100, ext 3031
Tel: +1 202-303-3425
Publication date: 5/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: