Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
Kroger, Loblaw, Safeway agree to accept standard 4”x 2” RPC labels that result in a cost effective solution for growers and packers
US: Produce Traceability Initiative helps drive changeThree large retailers—Kroger, Loblaw, and Safeway—have agreed to accept a new standard 4”x 2” label for Returnable Plastic Containers (RPCs) following an industry collaboration driven by Produce Traceability Initiative (PTI) volunteers. The announcement was made to the PTI Leadership Council at its meeting held in conjunction with United Fresh 2012.
The change guides a level of standardization to RPC labeling and provides a cost effective solution for produce suppliers.
The effective date of the change, transition plans and other details regarding the new RPC labels have been or will be communicated individually by each retailer to its trading partners.
For more information:
Tel: +1 613-226-4187, ext 225
Tel: +1 302-738-7100, ext 3031
Tel: +1 202-303-3425
Publication date: 5/9/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: