Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Lime orange producers are being trained
In Brazil a "biofertilizer" to combat citrus pests and diseases is being madeFarmers of the rural area of Mundaú Santana, in Brazil, which produce orange lime were trained yesterday, so as to combat pests and diseases that affect the orchards. They were guided by an agricultural engineer at the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (SEAGRI) in the preparation of a "biofertilizer".
The biofertilizer is made from natural products and replaced with artificial fertilizers.
According to agronomist Valdelane Tenorio, who carried out the activity, the compound is produced in a natural way to control pests and diseases. That is, it does not harm the environment, it does not contaminate fruit and is much cheaper than industrial products sold in stores.
"The biofertilizer is non-toxic, easy to make, liquid and plant friendly. It is made from a mixture of sulfur in hot water and virgin lime. The compound serves to protect the plant and provide important nutrients," explained the agronomist of the SEAGRI. "Today, many citrus plants in the Valle de Mundaú are being affected by diseases," he added.
Publication date: 4/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: