Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Frost hits European fruit and vegetable sector hard
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
With photographic report
Opening evening Freshlinq at FoodcenterOn Wednesday evening, 4th of April, the opening of Freshlinq took place. The new fresh establishment at the Food Center in Amsterdam drew a lot of visitors. At the beginning of April Jac.van der Mey & Zn. and Van der Mey Quality Fruit & Vegetables joined forces. "With the new start we can offer our clients the total assortment" as per Jan, Jan Sr. and Peter van der Mey. In total about 30 people are employed by Freshlinq.
Jan, Jan and Jan and Peter van der Mey on the right
"We noticed more and more similarities in our companies during the past years," the family members confirm. "Finally many advantages appeared to be present in really working together and that has happened now. The combination of our knowledge and experience is the basis of our strength. We stand out because of the wide assortment and are very positive about the new year."
The name Freshlinq is completely different from the names of the previous companies. "We did this because we really wanted something different as far as the name is concerned," Peter explains. "There are so many Van-der-Mey people already and therefore chose the name Freshlinq."
Freshlinq is a wholesale company directed towards supplying retail traders, retailers and wholesalers with a wide assortment of fruit and vegetables. The company will remain at the Food Center in Amsterdam. Freshlinq is established in the previous premises of Jac van der Mey (location 36).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: