Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Syngenta and Univeg work together on sustainable production of fruit and vegSyngenta announced today that it has started a collaboration with UNIVEG from Belgium, a worldwide supplier of fresh products. Both businesses will collaborate closely in supporting fruit and vegetable growers to meet the requirements of supermarkets in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East with sustainably production.
This agreement with UNIVEG will contain a training led by Syngenta for introducing Integrated Pest Programs (integrated growing methods that limit the use of chemical to a minimum) and safely administering pesticide products. Growers will also have access to Syngenta programmes for durability, such as Heliosec® and Operation Pollinator®. UNIVEG will buy the products from growers involved in the project, for supermarkets, and ensure the aftermath of the programme with their growers.
The collaboration is building on test agreements between UNIVEG and Syngenta, including a very successful collaboration between the two companies and Italian grape growers. Martin Kodde, Head of Food Chain Engagement EAME at Syngenta, said: "We are looking forward to starting this agreement with UNIVEG. This company shares our dedication to sustainably produced, high quality, safe, and affordable food. By collaborating, we will support growers throughout Europe, Africa, and The Middle East in meeting supermarket and consumer demands and add value to their businesses with it."
For more information: www.syngenta.com
Publication date: 3/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: