Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- AU import restrictions on certain goods to change this month
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Syngenta and Univeg work together on sustainable production of fruit and vegSyngenta announced today that it has started a collaboration with UNIVEG from Belgium, a worldwide supplier of fresh products. Both businesses will collaborate closely in supporting fruit and vegetable growers to meet the requirements of supermarkets in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East with sustainably production.
This agreement with UNIVEG will contain a training led by Syngenta for introducing Integrated Pest Programs (integrated growing methods that limit the use of chemical to a minimum) and safely administering pesticide products. Growers will also have access to Syngenta programmes for durability, such as Heliosec® and Operation Pollinator®. UNIVEG will buy the products from growers involved in the project, for supermarkets, and ensure the aftermath of the programme with their growers.
The collaboration is building on test agreements between UNIVEG and Syngenta, including a very successful collaboration between the two companies and Italian grape growers. Martin Kodde, Head of Food Chain Engagement EAME at Syngenta, said: "We are looking forward to starting this agreement with UNIVEG. This company shares our dedication to sustainably produced, high quality, safe, and affordable food. By collaborating, we will support growers throughout Europe, Africa, and The Middle East in meeting supermarket and consumer demands and add value to their businesses with it."
For more information: www.syngenta.com
Publication date: 3/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: