Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Syngenta and Univeg work together on sustainable production of fruit and vegSyngenta announced today that it has started a collaboration with UNIVEG from Belgium, a worldwide supplier of fresh products. Both businesses will collaborate closely in supporting fruit and vegetable growers to meet the requirements of supermarkets in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East with sustainably production.
This agreement with UNIVEG will contain a training led by Syngenta for introducing Integrated Pest Programs (integrated growing methods that limit the use of chemical to a minimum) and safely administering pesticide products. Growers will also have access to Syngenta programmes for durability, such as Heliosec® and Operation Pollinator®. UNIVEG will buy the products from growers involved in the project, for supermarkets, and ensure the aftermath of the programme with their growers.
The collaboration is building on test agreements between UNIVEG and Syngenta, including a very successful collaboration between the two companies and Italian grape growers. Martin Kodde, Head of Food Chain Engagement EAME at Syngenta, said: "We are looking forward to starting this agreement with UNIVEG. This company shares our dedication to sustainably produced, high quality, safe, and affordable food. By collaborating, we will support growers throughout Europe, Africa, and The Middle East in meeting supermarket and consumer demands and add value to their businesses with it."
For more information: www.syngenta.com
Publication date: 3/27/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: