Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Mexican limes at San GabrielSan Gabriel took delivery of their first shipments of this season's Persian limes from Mexico. One container arrived in the UK on Monday and a further two will arrive in Rotterdam on Thursday.
Pedro Rodrigues from the company says the fruit is well anticipated, due to its good quality and nice colour. "It will demand a higher price than the Brazilian limes which have been on the market for a while, around £2 (€2.40) more per 4.5 kg box".
The arrivals are 2-3 weeks earlier than last year and Perdro expects volumes to increase in the coming weeks. 4-5 containers will arrive in the next couple of weeks, with the volumes increasing to 9-10 containers per week as the season progresses.
San Gabriel supply various fruit and vegetables to retailers as well as wholesalers in the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Germany Scandinavia amongst others.
For more information:
+44 1634 224 610/612
+44 7545 251 738
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: