Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Mexican limes at San GabrielSan Gabriel took delivery of their first shipments of this season's Persian limes from Mexico. One container arrived in the UK on Monday and a further two will arrive in Rotterdam on Thursday.
Pedro Rodrigues from the company says the fruit is well anticipated, due to its good quality and nice colour. "It will demand a higher price than the Brazilian limes which have been on the market for a while, around £2 (€2.40) more per 4.5 kg box".
The arrivals are 2-3 weeks earlier than last year and Perdro expects volumes to increase in the coming weeks. 4-5 containers will arrive in the next couple of weeks, with the volumes increasing to 9-10 containers per week as the season progresses.
San Gabriel supply various fruit and vegetables to retailers as well as wholesalers in the UK, the Netherlands, Spain, Germany Scandinavia amongst others.
For more information:
+44 1634 224 610/612
+44 7545 251 738
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: