Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Citrus Australia pledges support Riverina Citrus GrowersCitrus Australia has pledged support for Riverina citrus growers following the announcement of a poll conducted under the supervision of the NSW Department of Primary Industry that will result in the dissolution of the local citrus industry board.
“Riverina citrus growers have followed due process and democratically removed the incumbent local industry board,” said Judith Damiani, CEO of Citrus Australia. “It was a protracted and often divisive campaign, and I think local growers are now glad it is all over.
“It’s time now to start the transition process and work on practical solutions for local citrus industry challenges – including the immediate need to recover from the recent flooding.”
Citrus Australia will be available to work through the transition with Riverina Citrus, the New South Wales Government and local grower organisations – Griffith & District Citrus Growers and Leeton Citrus Growers. Citrus Australia will further augment this local representation by setting up a regional advisory committee.
The role of this committee will be to advise on priorities for regional programs and R&D and promotional spending. Local growers have also been invited to join Citrus Australia on a voluntary basis.
Publication date: 3/15/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: