Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Local distribution of organic California vegetable label
In 2011, an organic label for bunching greens, legumes and summer squash was created by Laura and Margarito Chavez Chaparro's desire to leave something to their children for the future. Located on 80 acres in Hollister, CA 2 hours south of San Francisco, Las Hermanas is named after the five sisters and one brother. The crops are grown from March to December.
Earl’s Organic Produce has become the exclusive distributor of the Las Hermanas label. The region of distribution stretches as far north as Arcata, east to Reno and as far south as Monterey County.
We are looking forward to developing and growing this relationship with a long-term partnership,” says Robert Lichtenberg, Director of Purchasing at Earl’s Organic.
The family incorporates organic living in all facets of their everyday life. Gloria says “it is not only better for consumers, but also for our environment. When we started our farm, we decided to stick with those practices".
Publication date: 6/7/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: