Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Gretchen Kreidler Austin joins SunFed
SunFed announced it has hired Gretchen Kreidler Austin as its new Director of Marketing and Business Development, effective June 11th. She will expand the company’s portfolio of products and pioneer new business, among many other tasks, as well as orchestrate business development and oversee resource planning, reporting, and communications.
“I’ve known Gretchen for several years, back to her days at Rio Queen Citrus. She has always had a very positive spirit, with a can-do attitude. We are excited to have her join the SunFed team. Her experience, energy, and vision will be a key addition towards the company’s expansion,” says Craig Slate, President and CEO.
In addition to expanding SunFed's portfolio of products currently existing with retail accounts, Kreidler Austin will be responsible for pioneering new business with retailers, foodservice accounts, processors and more; creating new items; participating at trade shows, industry events, and boards; coordinating the oversight for all trade shows and marketing-related events; being the trade contact for press releases and advertisement planning; creating packaging design, vendor alignment, and new item generation; and overseeing all materials inventory, price negotiations, and cost controls. Kreidler Austin will also develop new packaging designs and new business, which will then transfer onto the sales team to fully establish for long-term growth.
“SunFed’s innovation and growth is set to ‘full speed ahead,’ and I am honored and excited to be an integral part of the team that is going to grow this company” says Gretchen. “The vision, innovation, quality standards, and food safety strategy alone set SunFed apart as an industry leader, but you will see even greater things come from us in the future!”
Kreidler Austin previously served as Grow Farms’ Director of Business Development since 2015. Before that, she worked at IFCO Systems from 2011 to 2015, where she was Director of Retail Sales for Central U.S. With over 20 years of professional experience, SunFed is sure Kreidler Austin will implement business strategies for the company’s long-term growth plans.
Matt Mandel, the company’s VP of Operations says, “SunFed has been barreling forward on a trajectory of growth, born of a retooled market approach and a closer integration with our production base. Gretchen is exactly the person we need promoting our differentiators and finding creative ways to marry the needs of our customers with our world-class growing operations. We couldn’t be more excited to have her joining the team and I know she’ll be an instant hit.”
Kreidler Austin’s Texas-based position will be responsible for nationwide growth.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (520) 761-6815
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: