Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Joe Feldman appointed as General Manager at California producer
Veteran produce industry sales and marketing executive Joe Feldman has joined River Fresh Farms and River Fresh Logistics as general manager.
"I’ve known and respected Joe for more than 25 years," said Vince Ballesteros, River Fresh CEO and founder. "He shares our vision, embodies our core values, and is one of the authentic leaders in our industry. He’s a perfect fit for our team and we’re thrilled to have him help us pursue new opportunities as we continue to grow and wow our customers."
Rethinking the supply chain by offering global sourcing and consolidated logistics was the founding concept of River Fresh Farms. According to the company, the model ensures year-round supply and gets crops to market faster, while reducing supply chain losses and shrink. In 2016, it was a novel idea. Today, labor and land shortages, Electronic Logging Device mandates, fewer transportation carriers and higher freight rates makes it a necessity.
"I’m very impressed with the model Vince has created, what the team has been able to accomplish, and how River Fresh Farms is strategically positioned to service our customers," said Feldman. "We’re a solutions-based company, and we have the innovations and resources to address today’s—and tomorrow’s—produce industry challenges. I’m grateful for the opportunity and the company’s confidence in me to help execute River Fresh’s strategy and vision."
In 2018, the company said it is accelerating the expansion of River Fresh Logistics with the aim of providing their supply chain expertise and innovations to help growers get their perishable crops to markets across the country faster. Feldman will be general manager of both entities.
"I’ve learned a lot from Joe over the years," added Ballesteros. "He’s focused on the customer and brings passion, insight, creativity and an incredible work ethic to River Fresh. He’s the perfect fit for our team and family."
For more information:
River Fresh Farms
Tel: +1 (831) 998-7072
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: