Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Joe Feldman appointed as General Manager at California producer
Veteran produce industry sales and marketing executive Joe Feldman has joined River Fresh Farms and River Fresh Logistics as general manager.
"I’ve known and respected Joe for more than 25 years," said Vince Ballesteros, River Fresh CEO and founder. "He shares our vision, embodies our core values, and is one of the authentic leaders in our industry. He’s a perfect fit for our team and we’re thrilled to have him help us pursue new opportunities as we continue to grow and wow our customers."
Rethinking the supply chain by offering global sourcing and consolidated logistics was the founding concept of River Fresh Farms. According to the company, the model ensures year-round supply and gets crops to market faster, while reducing supply chain losses and shrink. In 2016, it was a novel idea. Today, labor and land shortages, Electronic Logging Device mandates, fewer transportation carriers and higher freight rates makes it a necessity.
"I’m very impressed with the model Vince has created, what the team has been able to accomplish, and how River Fresh Farms is strategically positioned to service our customers," said Feldman. "We’re a solutions-based company, and we have the innovations and resources to address today’s—and tomorrow’s—produce industry challenges. I’m grateful for the opportunity and the company’s confidence in me to help execute River Fresh’s strategy and vision."
In 2018, the company said it is accelerating the expansion of River Fresh Logistics with the aim of providing their supply chain expertise and innovations to help growers get their perishable crops to markets across the country faster. Feldman will be general manager of both entities.
"I’ve learned a lot from Joe over the years," added Ballesteros. "He’s focused on the customer and brings passion, insight, creativity and an incredible work ethic to River Fresh. He’s the perfect fit for our team and family."
For more information:
River Fresh Farms
Tel: +1 (831) 998-7072
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: