Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Vice-Chairman for leek growers associationThe Leek Growers Association has a new Vice Chairman, Stewart Aspinall of Farringtons Ltd in Lancashire. Tim Casey was re-elected as the Chairman at the recently held AGM.
Members who attended the AGM were able to taste “gut healthy” leek and cheese seeded flapjacks prepared by Carole Pendle, who gave an update on the 2017/18 season Leeks Public Relations Campaign.
Chairman Tim Casey
Highlights from the ‘Health & Wellbeing’ themed campaign included press articles featuring recent research that shows leeks have high levels of inulin, a prebiotic, which helps gut health. This is now recognised as central to overall health, benefitting sleep quality, stress levels and digestive issues. A range of ‘gut health’ recipes were produced for the campaign in consultation with nutritionist Christine Bailey.
Vice-Chairman Stewart Aspinall
A range of educational resources were also created to work with primary schools and inner-city farms, highlighting the benefits of eating ‘The Incredible Edible Leek’.
The Association will be organising a Leek Agronomy Day in February 2019 to highlight new leek varieties in the field, alongside a series of technical presentations and trade exhibition.
For more information:
The Leek Growers’ Association Ltd
Tel: +44 1507 353 790
Publication date: 4/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: