- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Queensland strawberry industry calls for calm in wake of tampering issue
- Sustainability in agriculture: the Mater-Bi mulching film at Agricultural Film 2018
- North Queensland lychee season to start in late October
- New variety of persimmon featured at PMA Fresh Summit
- Mango market undersupplied as Brazil season begins
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
New Vice-Chairman for leek growers association
Members who attended the AGM were able to taste “gut healthy” leek and cheese seeded flapjacks prepared by Carole Pendle, who gave an update on the 2017/18 season Leeks Public Relations Campaign.
Chairman Tim Casey
Highlights from the ‘Health & Wellbeing’ themed campaign included press articles featuring recent research that shows leeks have high levels of inulin, a prebiotic, which helps gut health. This is now recognised as central to overall health, benefitting sleep quality, stress levels and digestive issues. A range of ‘gut health’ recipes were produced for the campaign in consultation with nutritionist Christine Bailey.
Vice-Chairman Stewart Aspinall
A range of educational resources were also created to work with primary schools and inner-city farms, highlighting the benefits of eating ‘The Incredible Edible Leek’.
The Association will be organising a Leek Agronomy Day in February 2019 to highlight new leek varieties in the field, alongside a series of technical presentations and trade exhibition.
For more information:
The Leek Growers’ Association Ltd
Tel: +44 1507 353 790
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 Greenyard’s shares rebounding after reopening of Hungarian factory
- 09/18/2018 Midwest distributor names Bob Reich as VP of Sales
- 09/18/2018 Gladstone Land acquires two orchards in California for $6.9 million
- 09/17/2018 Courchesne Larose celebrates 100th birthday in style
- 09/17/2018 Sakata Seed America celebrates Grand Opening of Woodland Innovation Center
- 09/17/2018 Dole Food Co. sold its 168,000 square-foot corporate campus for $50 million
- 09/17/2018 New CEO T&G looking forward to new challenge
- 09/14/2018 China: Qingdao pear harvest
- 09/14/2018 "China: "Frozen pumpkins processed in large volumes"
- 09/14/2018 United Fresh enhances industry relations team
- 09/14/2018 Is your farm eligible for a grant of up to $500,000?
- 09/14/2018 Sigfrido Fruit inaugurates new facilities and expects to reach 14 M€ in sales
- 09/14/2018 Ken Stewart managing sales at Asumendi Produce
- 09/13/2018 China: Branded products sell better
- 09/13/2018 "Vacuum cooling should not be ignored in the refrigerated supply chain"
- 09/13/2018 Cosur becomes Battaglio Argentina S.A.
- 09/13/2018 Natural biopesticide attracts investment in Canada
- 09/13/2018 Veggie support for 7th Alzheimer Marathon
- 09/13/2018 Checking food with a smartphone thanks to a broadband infrared LED
- 09/13/2018 Crunch Time Apple Growers adds new board member and promotes two staff members