- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- ‘All preconditions for potatoes export to EU market fulfilled’
- New Zealand kiwifruit growers experience a bumper Hayward crop
- Drop in Sicilian citrus fruit production for processing expected
- China: How did typhoon "Mangkhut" affect the fruit industry?
- Spain: A project to fight against fraud and varietal piracy in citrus fruits
Tomra continues expansion with acquisition of BBC Technologies
Freshtracker™ enables traceability of the origins and characteristics of individual products from harvesting, processing and packaging, through to point-of-sale.
Based in Hamilton, New Zealand, BBC Technologies’ origins go back to 2000 when founder and local blueberry growers Greg and Alison Furniss invented a blueberry grader and sorter which was then sold to other growers. The company shares with TOMRA a deep dedication to enhancing grower’s abilities to deliver consistent, high quality berries to an ever more demanding consumer.
Mike Riley, Head of TOMRA Food says: “This acquisition further increases TOMRA’s leadership in grading, sorting, and packaging solutions for fresh, packaged, and processed foods. Following the recent, successful integration of Compac, we are investing more into small fruit and reduced footprint deployments. We are also making large-scale investments to create new value for customers by extracting and analysing data from TOMRA equipment, which is complemented by the Freshtracker platform. This is just one example of how combining the two companies will generate significant new value and transform the industry.
“With an ever-increasing consumer focus on superfoods such as blueberries, the addition of BBC Technologies to TOMRA’s portfolio allows us to better serve the needs of growers and packers. Combined with BBC Technologies, TOMRA now offers the world’s most complete small-fruit sorting and packaging portfolio for large to small pack-houses, and for the growing number of repack and fresh produce distribution centres worldwide.”
Geoff Furniss, Head of BBC Technologies says: “Joining TOMRA provides the perfect platform to further enhance our technology and service offerings in all corners of the globe. As a company built by growers for growers, we respect TOMRA’s market leadership, which has been achieved through innovation and partnership with customers, consistent with the principles that have fuelled our own growth at BBC Technologies.”
“Customers of both companies will see continued dedication to meet and exceed their needs, including new support and service capabilities in all regions globally, so customers are never far from deep expertise. Beyond this acquisition, TOMRA is making other new investments in people, services, and technology to help customers optimise every aspect of their operations,” says Mike Riley.
BBC Technologies will operate as a division of TOMRA Food. Geoff Furniss will continue to lead BBC Technologies, reporting to Mike Riley, Head of TOMRA Food. The immediate priority is to ensure customers see further increased levels of service and support offerings as BBC Technologies leverages the global network of offices and personnel TOMRA operates around the world.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/21/2018 Aldi announces two-year deal with Carlow-based mushroom growers
- 09/20/2018 JD.com ramps up 7FRESH stores expansion across China
- 09/20/2018 Italy: 2500 tons expected of Dori' kiwis
- 09/20/2018 Plans to rebuild Munich wholesale market hall picks up again
- 09/20/2018 Claas van Os leaving Levarht
- 09/20/2018 "We hope to benefit more people with our knowledge and machinery"
- 09/19/2018 Mooy Logistics sold for 3.96 million euros
- 09/19/2018 Eric Biddiscombe joins Polymer Logistics
- 09/19/2018 Ross Williams receives Southeast Produce Council’s Next Generation Award
- 09/18/2018 Greenyard’s shares rebounding after reopening of Hungarian factory
- 09/18/2018 Midwest distributor names Bob Reich as VP of Sales
- 09/18/2018 Gladstone Land acquires two orchards in California for $6.9 million
- 09/17/2018 Courchesne Larose celebrates 100th birthday in style
- 09/17/2018 Sakata Seed America celebrates Grand Opening of Woodland Innovation Center
- 09/17/2018 Dole Food Co. sold its 168,000 square-foot corporate campus for $50 million
- 09/14/2018 China: Qingdao pear harvest
- 09/14/2018 "China: "Frozen pumpkins processed in large volumes"
- 09/14/2018 United Fresh enhances industry relations team
- 09/14/2018 Is your farm eligible for a grant of up to $500,000?
- 09/14/2018 Sigfrido Fruit inaugurates new facilities and expects to reach 14 M€ in sales