- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Impaired banana business
Seeka's annual profit falls 44% on lower kiwifruit volumes
Net profit fell to $5.8 million, or 34 cents per share in calendar 2017, from $10.4 million, or 62 cents a year earlier, the Te Puke-based company said in a statement. The year-earlier figure was bolstered by a $3.1 million gain on an insurance payment. Revenue fell 2 percent to $186.8 million.
"The steps taken by Seeka and outlined in this commentary led to a better profit from operations than forecast given the scale of reduction in New Zealand kiwifruit volume," chief executive Michael Franks and chief financial officer Stuart McKinstry said. "Seeka is anticipating a return to average Hayward (green) kiwifruit yields along with a steady increase in the Zespri SunGold volumes."
The fruit grower had predicted after-tax operating earnings to be within a plus or minus 5 percent range of $7.8 million, which it generated a year earlier, citing an improved performance across most of its divisions.
Seeka forecasts earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation to rise by 5-to-10 percent in calendar 2018 from $23.1 million in 2017.
The board declared a final dividend of 12 cents per share, payable on March 23 to investors on the register at the close of trading on March 16. That takes the total return to 22 cents for 2017, up from 20 cents a year earlier.
The shares fell 2.5 percent to $5.80.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Fitting the next 6 most populated countries inside India
- 2018-11-16 PMA and United Fresh to host Ethical Charter webinar
- 2018-11-16 FFVA’s Stuart to trade commission: Florida growers still suffering
- 2018-11-16 People per square kilometer
- 2018-11-15 China and Singapore sign Protocol to Upgrade Free Trade Agreement
- 2018-11-15 A.P. Moller-Maersk: Trade war will hit container shipping
- 2018-11-15 CGT launches new HR assessment tool
- 2018-11-15 Tour de Fresh opens sponsorships for 2019 ride
- 2018-11-15 The real size of Brazil
- 2018-11-14 Morocco/Spain: Increase in the number of Moroccan seasonal workers in Andalusia
- 2018-11-14 Peru confirms that it is free of HLB
- 2018-11-14 Global food security improvements projected to be largest in Asia
- 2018-11-14 US trade with Southern Africa grows
- 2018-11-13 Netherlands: Research grants awarded for stronger lettuce and smarter agrofood robots
- 2018-11-13 SFI Rotterdam warns of fraudster ordering on behalf of a German client
- 2018-11-13 Precipitation in India
- 2018-11-13 "More food traceability and grocery delivery in 2019"
- 2018-11-13 Queen of England finds dead slug in her salad, leaves brutal message for chef
- 2018-11-13 Zimbabwe farmers call for help to deal with drought effects
- 2018-11-13 Mexico: ripe for growth in high-value horticulture crops