Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sjaak Verploegen on new Kicxs concept:
"Small tomato for the adult foodie"
There were various new concepts to be seen at the growers union Van Nature during the Fruit Logistica. One of these is the new tomato concept Kicxs. "Retailers are looking for definition on the shelves. With a unique tomato in a stand out packaging we can offer this. The carton is seen as a sustainable packaging," says Sandra van der Veer of Van Nature.
Sjaak Verploegen and Sandra van der Veer
Both trading partners Levarht and Scherpenhuizen will be entering the Dutch season with the concept. "We are working with the Nebula variety by Syngenta for this. A very different tomato, with a surprisingly pure flavour. I call it a tomato for adults," says Sjaak Verploegen of Scherpenhuizen. "The variety was also picked up by Dutch and Belgian retailers. We expect to roll out the concept over the coming time."
Besides the tomato concept, Scherpenhuizen also introduced meal packets at the fair, under the name 'Cuisine Martin'. "Ten packages that contain all the ingredients for a complete meal, to which you only need to add meat if desired, the rest is all there," says Sjaak. "We put together the packages with a chef. We are primarily focusing on the German and Dutch market with the packages, but aren't avoiding further growth in Europe!"
For more information:
De Schakel 7
5651 GH Eindhoven
Publication date: 2/15/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: