Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: B&B Frutta's pomegranates successful beyond expectations
Lome Super Fruit is the brand under which B&B Frutta commercialises MFR's products all over the world. The company owns over 300 hectares in the Castellaneta area, where it grows aubergines, aronia berries and goji berries.
Claudio Scandola from B&B Frutta, commercial manager, told FreshPlaza: "we finished our stock on week 52, earlier than expected. Sales started very well immediately, as demand was excellent. What surprised us was the fact that many foreign countries ignore the fact that Italy produces pomegranates. When they learn about it, though, demand exceeds supply. The orders we already have for next year already exceed what we shipped in 2017."
The new processing plant will be completed in 2018 and then we will also start commercialising juice, arils in trays as well as dried and fresh berries.
Masseria Fruttirossi's chain is very short, as fruit is "processed" just a few hours after harvesting, thus maintaining its exceptional heath properties.
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: