Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: B&B Frutta's pomegranates successful beyond expectations
Lome Super Fruit is the brand under which B&B Frutta commercialises MFR's products all over the world. The company owns over 300 hectares in the Castellaneta area, where it grows aubergines, aronia berries and goji berries.
Claudio Scandola from B&B Frutta, commercial manager, told FreshPlaza: "we finished our stock on week 52, earlier than expected. Sales started very well immediately, as demand was excellent. What surprised us was the fact that many foreign countries ignore the fact that Italy produces pomegranates. When they learn about it, though, demand exceeds supply. The orders we already have for next year already exceed what we shipped in 2017."
The new processing plant will be completed in 2018 and then we will also start commercialising juice, arils in trays as well as dried and fresh berries.
Masseria Fruttirossi's chain is very short, as fruit is "processed" just a few hours after harvesting, thus maintaining its exceptional heath properties.
Publication date: 2/14/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: