Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Strong interest for PASAM Agrumi's organic lemons"Fruit Logistica is the most important fresh produce fair on a global level and is the perfect occasion to showcase Sicilian produce," explains Salvo Magliocco, vice-president of PASAM Agrumi in Syracuse.
The PASAM Agrumi stand at Fruit Logistica 2018
"Our stand in Hall 4.2 - dedicated to Italy and the products from our fantastic island - is the perfect way to display our produce. Many asked us about our citrus fruit and our Pgi lemons in particular."
PASAM Agrumi started commercialising organic lemons in the early 2000s, when it asked its producers to comply with a specific production standard, years before it even implemented organic cultivation techniques. PASAM's partners currently own 300 hectares, 80% of which are organic.
"A lot of people were interested in organic lemons. A few years ago, German and French supermarkets were the only ones requiring organic products, but now demand is growing in Italy as well. Consumers are increasingly aware of the importance of the environmental impact and of the nutritional value of organic productions."
For PASAM Agrumi, Fruit Logistica was the perfect occasion to strengthen its relationships with Italian retailers and establish new ones with foreign importers, from the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, France, Belgium and Sweden in particular.
"Thanks to the new Bio Suisse certificate, Swiss companies have also shown their interest. We see this as a great occasion, as only those selling high-quality fruit can compete on the Swiss market, which requires excellent packaging as well as excellent lemons."
In addition to the Bio Suisse certificate, PADAM Agrumi also holds the following: GLOBALG.A.P., GLOBALG.A.P. Risk Assessment on Social Pratice (GRASP), IFS FOOD and UNI EN ISO 9001:2015.
PASAM Agrumi will also attend Bio Fach 2018 in Nuremberg in Halle 4/4-549.
P.A.S.A.M. Agrumi Soc. Coop. Agricola a r.l.
Produttori Agricoli Siracusani Associati Magliocco
Tel.: +39 0931722333
Fax: +39 0931722258
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: