Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New 100% recyclable plant pots look to increase sustainability in Horticulture
Pöppelmann blue is a new strategic Pöppelmann-wide initiative which brings together projects involved in a continuous recycling economy. Using this slogan, Pöppelmann TEKU is now presenting new plant pots made from PCR which are 100 percent recyclable, thus ensuring a closed material cycle.
Greater sustainability is an important issue in horticulture, too. After all, consumers are increasingly opting for environmentally friendly and climate change-mitigating products.
The PÖPPELMANN blue initiative relies on a closed material cycle: TEKU presents plant pots made from Pöppelmann PCR
New Pöppelmann PCR recycling material
The plant pots are made out of Pöppelmann PCR: pure post-consumer recycled plastic. In other words, the plastic used for this purpose is 100 percent recyclable and originates exclusively from Der Grüne Punkt (Green Dot, dual system in Germany). Once a plant is pulled out of a pot, the pot is then put back into the recycling system so that the plastic is available to be used again.
With the PCR range, Pöppelmann TEKU closes the material cycle at the same stage of the value added chain. The new Pöppelmann PCR recycling material is used for the most common plant pots in the VCG and VCH series. Additional series are planned to follow soon.
Pöppelmann blue – Company-wide initiative
The new PCR plant pots are part of the Pöppelmann blue initiative. Under the banner, the plastics specialist brings together under this banner numerous projects across the business which are committed to a continuous recycling economy.
For more information:
Tel: +49 04442 982-1600
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: