- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Seneca Foods completes the acquisition of Burnette Foods maraschino cherry business
“Burnette maraschino business has a history of providing quality maraschino cherry products to their customers. We are very excited about this acquisition as it is a nice complementary fit with Seneca’s existing cherry business,” stated Kraig Kayser, Seneca Foods' President and CEO.
“We are pleased to be able to sell our maraschino business to a high quality food producer as is Seneca. Maraschinos are a small part of our total sales and this transaction will enhance our ability to concentrate on our core business lines of shelf stable fruit fillings, apple products, vegetables and juices. We will continue to explore new products for our existing red tart and dark sweet cherry offerings,” according to William R. Sherman, CEO of Burnette Foods, Inc.
Statements that are not historical facts, including statements about management’s beliefs or expectations, are forward looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act (PSLRA) of 1995. All forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and contingencies which may cause actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from anticipated results, performance, or achievements. Factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include those set forth in Seneca Foods Corporation’s filings with the SEC, including the disclosure under the heading “Risk Factors” in Seneca Foods’ Annual Report on Form 10-K. There can be no assurance that the merger will close on the expected schedule or that the merger will be consummated at all. We are under no obligation to update or alter our forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
For more information:
Seneca Foods Corporation
Timothy J. Benjamin, Chief Financial Officer
Tel.: +1 315-926-8100
Burnette Foods, Inc.
John E. Pelizzari, COO
Tel.: +1 231-264-8116
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 PMA CEO Burns’ State of the industry
- 10/19/2018 "There is no doubt that resistant varieties are the future"
- 10/19/2018 Mixed loads increasingly popular
- 10/19/2018 KÖLLA UK newly empowered
- 10/19/2018 Label manufacturer launches new brand and website
- 10/19/2018 Whole Leaf is ready to grow with a new President
- 10/19/2018 Schoeller Allibert appoints Ludo Gielen as new CEO
- 10/19/2018 China's biggest retailer is coming to America
- 10/18/2018 France: Auchan to run urban farms near hypermarkets
- 10/18/2018 VLAM displays wide range of products in Dubai
- 10/18/2018 “With these new washing lines we can serve our clients faster"
- 10/18/2018 Spanish growers join forces to market Adora tomatoes
- 10/18/2018 Exquisite Fruits plans to import organic bananas from Ecuador and the Dominican Republic
- 10/18/2018 Amazon celebrates 20th anniversary
- 10/18/2018 “Twenty-two per cent of our fresh produce turnover is from organic produce”
- 10/18/2018 The Star Group not getting lost in the weed(s)
- 10/18/2018 Westfalia Fruit welcomes visitors to Orlando and Madrid stands
- 10/18/2018 South Africa: New partnership to bring agri growth
- 10/18/2018 Big O Farms embraces future with new onion factory
- 10/17/2018 New CEO for Michigan blueberry grower