Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- One a Day Banana Pack an option for European retail?
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Jud Flowers inducted into Texas IPA Hall of Fame
With 41 years of commitment to the citrus industry, Jud Flowers is welcomed to the Texas International Produce Association (TIPA) Hall of Fame. Selected by a group of his peers, Flowers is recognized for his years of remarkable leadership within the industry and the accomplishment of owning one of the last independently owned citrus operations in Texas. Since inception, Lone Star Citrus has been said to be a strong, reliable and efficient produce company built on the solid foundation of Flowers’ passion for the Texas citrus industry.
Born and raised in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, Flowers started his career in 1977 as the citrus research & demonstration manager at Rio Farms. From there, he ventured to Pride O Texas to become the general manager. Through the trials and tribulations that the Texas citrus industry faced in the 80s, Flowers’ unwavering spirit remained intact as he continued on his journey to becoming a successful produce professional.
While rebuilding Pride O Texas, Flowers was introduced to Healds Valley Farms and soon became the president and general manager, serving in that capacity for 20 years. At the tender age of 56, Flowers was not ready to slow down and decided to pursue his dream of starting and building his own business within the citrus industry.
In 2007, he partnered with T.J. Flowers and Trent Bishop to invest their time and talent to create Lone Star Citrus Growers. With the dedication and determination of these professionals, the dream of Lone Star Citrus was launched.
“We built Lone Star with passion and determination to bring added value to the citrus buying customer while serving the independent grower,” said Jud Flowers, president of Lone Star Citrus. “Those ideals are at the core of everything we do, and I am honored to be a part of this journey and to be recognized by TIPA as an inductee in the Hall of Fame.”
The Lone Star Citrus team
While Flowers has worked tirelessly to ensure that Lone Star remains passionate about its products, people and service since 2007, TIPA has inducted him into the Hall of Fame to honor his hard work and perseverance throughout the years. The Hall of Fame recognizes the unselfish contributions of past and present leaders in the Texas produce industry who have been or may still be employees, managers, or owners of companies.
“My dad has built some amazing things in his life, and he’s not finished yet,” said T.J. Flowers, vice president of operations at Lone Star Citrus. “It is an honor to be his son and I look forward to the future as we continue to seek new opportunities to progress our business and ultimately the Texas citrus industry.”
The Lone Star Citrus team was in attendance of the event last night as Flowers was one of nine inductees to the TIPA Hall of Fame. As Flowers is constantly building and seeking new opportunities, the Lone Star brand will continue to develop with his guidance and leadership.
For more information:
Tel: +1 (214) 206-3047
Publication date: 1/31/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: