- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Pakistan: Smaller mandarin sizes cause problems for exporters
"The sizes most available in a 10kg box are 70, 80, 90 and 100, with less availability for 54 and 60 sizes, and a short supply of 42 and 48 sizes. This has caused some difficulties because most Asian and Middle Eastern countries want at least 54 and 60, with a preference for 42 and 48," explained Mr. Sadiq.
The situation is causing difficulties for Pakistani exporters across the board for the 2018 season. This time of year is usually a very profitable one with the Chinese New Year, however, the Asian markets want the larger sizes because giving mandarins oranges during the holiday is seen as a show of status. However, the shortage of availability of Chinese supply has eased the pressure a bit, after short rainfalls caused their citrus to be a smaller caliber as well.
"Despite the problem with sizes, the crop is healthy and of good quality, with no skin defects." assured Sadiq.
The peak season for kinnow mandarins in Pakistan lasts from the 20th of December through to the 15th of February.
For more information:
Tel: +92 3333 53 5555
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 Wilmington port welcomes first Moroccan citrus in US of the season
- 2018-11-16 China: Hainan "Qiongzhong green oranges" are ripe and entering the market
- 2018-11-16 Nepal: Orange harvest in eastern Hills up 50 percent
- 2018-11-15 "We are not one of those early starters"
- 2018-11-15 Orange imports increase as domestic juice supply remains squeezed
- 2018-11-15 “New citrus markets hard to find”
- 2018-11-15 Spain: "The delay of Huelva's mandarins causes production overlap"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Citrus fruits allegedly being sold again at open prices
- 2018-11-15 Sharp increase of Georgian mandarin exports
- 2018-11-14 Spain: Processors start buying oranges at very low prices
- 2018-11-13 Crisis officially over but Greeks hardly notice it
- 2018-11-13 US: Florida orange production down 3 per cent from October forecast
- 2018-11-13 Spain: "Citrus volume from South Africa will start falling sharply soon"
- 2018-11-13 Spain: Quality of Cordoba's citrus will be higher this campaign
- 2018-11-13 Taiwan: Market entry of Taidong Navel orange delayed
- 2018-11-12 How to prevent the appearance of 'creasing' in Navel oranges
- 2018-11-12 "Good harvest of, somewhat smaller, Berkane Clementines"
- 2018-11-12 The Sicilian PGI Red Orange campaign has officially started
- 2018-11-12 China: Green oranges from Qiongzhong enter market in bulk
- 2018-11-12 Devaluation of Turkish lira puts pressure on citrus market