Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Avocado grower experiences growing demand for tropical fruit pulp
Fresh Directions International will be exhibiting at Fruit Logistica Berlin next week. "We're a family owned avocado growing business, exporting from the Dominican Republic to markets in the US, Canada and Europe," said Sabrina Castillo, of Fresh Directions International. "We've been in business for over 20 years now, growing and shipping our avocados around the world."
The company grows two varieties of avocado, the Hass, and also a tropical variety, which they said is very popular in Europe. "Our Hass program runs from September/October, through to January," Castillo explained. "We also have been growing a Tropical avocado variety for the last few years, which is a large and green avocado. This variety has been marketing well in Europe."
Tropical fruit pulp and guacamole
It's not just fresh avocados that Fresh Directions grow and ship. They also supply HPP processed products, such as guacamole as well as a range of tropical fruit pulps. The fruit pulps come in 6 different varieties: mango, pineapple, passion fruit, sapote, papaya, and soursop. This year, they will make their second appearance at Fruit Logistica in Berlin.
"Fresh Directions will be exhibiting fresh Hass and tropical avocados at Fruit Logistica," Castillo said. "Additionally, we will present our guacamole and range of tropical fruit pulp at the show. It will be the first time our fruit pulp will be exhibited in Europe. Visitors to our booth will be able to sample and taste the 6 different varieties on offer. The fruit pulp is available in 14oz packages, and we have experienced growing demand for them."
Connecting with people from all over the world
Like many companies, Fresh Directions see Fruit Logistica as an opportunity to connect with customers and expand their reach. The company has a significant presence in Europe, which is one of the biggest drivers for them to attend the Berlin event. It will be their 2nd year in attendance, but it's not the first show they have exhibited at an event in Germany.
"We have been exhibiting at Fruit Logistica since 2016," Castillo noted. "Before that, we also attended Anuga in Cologne back in 2009. "Fresh Directions are very excited to connect with our European customers as well as meet new people, not just from Europe, but from around the world. We will be looking to continue to expand on our market during our attendance, presenting our fresh avocados as well as introducing more people to our tropical fruit pulps."
Fresh Directions will be located at Hall 26, D-08 at Fruit Logistica.
For more information:
Fresh Directions International
Tel: +1 (786) 406-7260
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: