Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
California Certified Organic Farmers Foundation receives $50,000 donation
The Organic Produce Network (OPN) and the CCOF Foundation are pleased to announce OPN’s $50,000 donation to the CCOF Foundation. OPN presented the gift at the CCOF Foundation’s We Are Organic dinner at the inaugural Organic Grower Summit on December 13 in Monterey, California.
The highlight of the dinner was OPN’s presentation of their donation to the foundation. “The Organic Produce Network’s generous gift to the CCOF Foundation will enable us to continue supporting organic farmers, students and teachers of organic, and organic producers in need,” said CCOF Executive Director/CEO Cathy Calfo. “We extend our tremendous gratitude to Tonya Antle, Matt Seeley, and the entire OPN team for their support.”
OPN’s donation will support the CCOF Foundation’s programs that invest in new organic farmers and businesses and build consumer demand for organic:
- The Future Organic Farmer Grant Fund distributes grants to students and teachers across the United States to fund studies in organic agriculture.
- The Organic Training Institute provides educational events that help current and prospective organic professionals improve and grow their operations.
- The Bricmont Hardship Assistance Fund gives direct financial assistance exclusively to organic producers, processors, and handlers who suffer losses due to extreme hardship.
- Consumer education campaigns that help inform consumers about the importance of certified organic products.
Matt Seeley (left) and Tonya Antle (center) of the Organic Produce Network present CCOF Foundation Chair Allen Harthorn (center) and CCOF Executive Director/CEO Cathy Calfo (right) with their donation for CCOF Foundation at the Organic Grower Summit We Are Organic dinner in Monterey, CA.
The We Are Organic dinner brought together more than 100 supporters of the CCOF Foundation and the community’s collective work to advance organic agriculture. Secretary of the California Department of Food and Agriculture Karen Ross spoke about the importance of organic agriculture to California and the nation’s economy. Dinner guests also had a chance to hear from two of the CCOF Foundation’s Future Organic Farmer Grant Fund recipients, David Robles and Pascal Brooks.
The dinner set the tone for an exciting first Organic Grower Summit the following day. More than 800 leaders in organic agriculture attended the summit to hear from experts on topics ranging from cannabis regulation to investment in the organic market. The day was capped off with a sold‐out trade show that connected organic growers with a range of service providers.
For more information:
+1 (831) 423-2263
Publication date: 1/26/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: