- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Global fruit trader appoints new CEO
Moralejo is a trained agronomist, having studied at the Universidad Nacional de Buenos Aires in Argentina, before going on to study business management at the prestigious Argentine universities of San Andrés and Austral. For 18 years he worked for Argentine citrus giant San Miguel where he held a number of senior positions, including those of Commercial Manager and also Country Manager for San Miguel Uruguay. Prior to leaving the company, Moralejo was the Corporate Commercial Director for Fresh Fruit for seven years and, lastly, the Global Director of Strategic Sourcing.
Salix founder, Juan Gonzalez Pita, comments: “The appointment of Alejandro forms part of a decision taken to restructure and reinforce our management team which began in 2017 with the nomination of Daniel Calvo as our Finance Director and Partner.
“Alejandro’s natural warmth, managerial abilities and vast industry experience are traits that we see as being key to representing the core values of Salix," notes Gonzalez Pita.
Global expansion plans
Salix has also unveiled a plan to expand into new global markets. The objective is to consolidate the rapid growth the company has experienced in recent years, as well as to strengthen its strategy of supplying the highest quality fresh produce via an appropriate process of market development.
Salix reported solid commercial growth in 2017, with an increase in sales (in excess of 1m cartons), suppliers, clients and products against 2016, coupled with the addition of new fruit sources and end markets. Overall growth was in the region of 40%.
CEO Moralejo comments: “To date, Salix has established a very solid presence for itself in the Middle East and Asia, as well as in Canada. This year the company has ambitious objectives. First of all, we wish to launch sales to the European market so that it becomes our third commercial destination.
“We then aim to develop our Spanish sourcing programme with a view to delivering our customers year-round supplies of fresh fruit. We also wish to incorporate into our programme larger volumes of citrus in particular, so that it becomes our second flagship product.
“We shall also be introducing new operative disciplines, with revised procedures and operating cost analysis in order to add true value to the service that we provide to our suppliers and clients."
Salix at Fruit Logistica 2018
As in previous years, Salix will participate with its own stand at Fruit Logistica, the world’s leading fresh produce trade exhibition. The company will exhibit in Hall 25 on Stand B-07 at the annual event in Berlin on 7-9 February 2018, which it views as a fantastic opportunity to meet with clients from all over the world.
Gonzalez Pita explains: “Salix has always invested hugely in new technologies and information networks in order to maintain constant and efficient lines of communication with all of our contacts. We also value the opportunities that events like these bring for face-to-face networking. We feel it is a worthy year-on-year investment for Salix to have a presence at this show.”
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 "Stable retail for imported kiwi fruit in Taiwanese market"
- 2018-11-16 Costa announces agreement for acquisition of Nangiloc Colignan farm
- 2018-11-15 "Good step taken by opening our own warehouse"
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Agrofruit goes into liquidation
- 2018-11-15 MSC, A.P. Moller – Maersk, CMA CGM, Hapag-Lloyd and Ocean Network to establish container shipping association
- 2018-11-14 Carrefour guarantees freshness of fruit and vegetables
- 2018-11-14 Opening of store "Les Comptoirs de la Bio" on Reunion Island
- 2018-11-14 HHLA exceeds last year's high level
- 2018-11-14 Two promotions for healthy snacks and salads company
- 2018-11-14 New chapter opens up for Canadian microgreen growers
- 2018-11-14 UK company expands further into South Africa
- 2018-11-14 China: "The ROI of projects is more important than ever"
- 2018-11-13 "Switching in one go was the right choice"
- 2018-11-13 Kiremko appoints General Sales Manager
- 2018-11-13 Vergro celebrates its 50th anniversary
- 2018-11-13 Mercato ortofrutticolo di Lusia: Slow exchanges and oscillating prices in October
- 2018-11-13 "We are going to have more kilos of tomatoes and new varieties"
- 2018-11-13 Lidl Poland launches promotion to encourage healthy eating
- 2018-11-13 Village Farms reports 11% decrease in sales
- 2018-11-13 New dynamic in South Africa for Agro Sélections Fruits