- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- China: Ningxi "hometown of potatoes" welcomes harvest season
- Growth of beetroot ketchup business in US
- China: "Price of pomelo has dropped"
- Ugandan banana breeders: It’s critical to add genetic engineering to our toolbox
- Construction of new Zederik Groep building for cooling fruit and folding cardboard trays
Platform to speed up and organise real time purchase and sale of fruit and veg
Hala Sofi, Co-Founder and Product Manager of Fruit Platform, explains that "for example, buyers receive a lot of offers and schedules in different formats every day, and the objective of our platform has always been to help them organise all this information, allowing them to search for the product they want with a smart search engine and place orders with a single click."
Regarding the process that the suppliers follow, Hala tells us that "they upload their products to our platform, with their availability, photographs, etc. In this way, they make it is visible to all the buyers with whom they already work, so that they do not have to send the same information to a large number of clients. To use our tool, the supplier only has to register on the platform for free and be validated by our team."
"Once our users discover how much the time they save and how easy everything becomes with our platform, they recommend us to all their contacts," she says.
Watch the video of how FruitPlatform works:
Fruit Platform stands out by being software for suppliers and buyers that already work together, helping them standardise their transactions and eliminate the repetitive tasks of the buying and selling processes.
Nowadays, many platforms are emerging to help put buyers and sellers in contact, but according to Hala Sofi, "it is even more important to be able to build a quality and trustworthy work environment. What makes Fruit Platform unique compared to its competitors is its focus on helping buyers and sellers manage the supply and demand more efficiently with their current business partners, which they already trust."
She also wanted to stress that more than 90% of the traders who already work with Fruit Platform have expressed their strong desire not to change suppliers, unless they are in a hurry or there is a lack of availability, but even though the platform's main objective is not for its users to make new contacts, they also offer this possibility as one of the advantages of the Premium subscription.
Hala explains that Fruit Platform "does not earn money or receive any commission from the orders that users make through the platform; in fact, transactions are not made in it. We are a tool that facilitates your day to day, so we only get the money of those subscribers who choose to pay for a Premium membership. This improved access allows users to take advantage of all the features offered by this platform, such as the possibility for suppliers of uploading more than 4 products at once or sending BIDS to buyers."
The solution was created about a year ago, but its beta launch did not take place until a month ago, at which time they started conducting tests with real customers to continue improving their services. For now, it has been well received by the sector. "At first, we considered launching for the United States, Asia and Latin America, but we realised that it was also very necessary in Europe, even though the work procedures here were different. We have adapted it so that European users also see their needs met and we see that the model can work in all corners of the world," says Hala Sofi.
FruitPlatform is exclusively offering Freshplaza readers a Premium membership so they can take full advantage of all the features. Get your Premium account by registering on the website: fruitplatform.com
For more information:
T: +34 684382373
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/19/2018 PMA CEO Burns’ State of the industry
- 10/19/2018 "There is no doubt that resistant varieties are the future"
- 10/19/2018 Mixed loads increasingly popular
- 10/19/2018 KÖLLA UK newly empowered
- 10/19/2018 Label manufacturer launches new brand and website
- 10/19/2018 Whole Leaf is ready to grow with a new President
- 10/19/2018 Schoeller Allibert appoints Ludo Gielen as new CEO
- 10/19/2018 China's biggest retailer is coming to America
- 10/18/2018 France: Auchan to run urban farms near hypermarkets
- 10/18/2018 VLAM displays wide range of products in Dubai
- 10/18/2018 “With these new washing lines we can serve our clients faster"
- 10/18/2018 Spanish growers join forces to market Adora tomatoes
- 10/18/2018 Exquisite Fruits plans to import organic bananas from Ecuador and the Dominican Republic
- 10/18/2018 Amazon celebrates 20th anniversary
- 10/18/2018 “Twenty-two per cent of our fresh produce turnover is from organic produce”
- 10/18/2018 The Star Group not getting lost in the weed(s)
- 10/18/2018 Westfalia Fruit welcomes visitors to Orlando and Madrid stands
- 10/18/2018 South Africa: New partnership to bring agri growth
- 10/18/2018 Big O Farms embraces future with new onion factory
- 10/17/2018 New CEO for Michigan blueberry grower