Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Colombia's first avocado bar will open in Medellin
Colombia's first avocado bar, a restaurant bar for avocado lovers, will open its doors in the city of Medellín, in the northwest of the country.
The owner, who was inspired by a proposal that was born in Brooklyn (New York) and that already exists in different cities, such as Rome, Berlin or Amsterdam, took on the task of opening the avocado bar in the capital of the department of Antioquia.
"Colombia is the third biggest producer of avocado in the world, why wouldn't we do something?" said Ximena Hoyos.
According to the businesswoman, the business is based on a fitness concept and healthy lifestyle, with a Colombian touch and some of the country's typical ingredients.
"In Medellín and in a large part of the country there is a strong tendency towards health, without sacrificing all food. Which is why we will have dish variations."
Medellin's avocado bar, La Avocaderia, will have multiple options and different presentations for lovers of this exotic fruit, from guacamole, juices and ice cream, to oatmeal waffles with avocado. There will also be alternatives for vegans or people with a strict diet.
Chef Sebastian Lopez will be in charge of the combinations.
The avocado bar, which had an investment of COP 100 million (USD 34,800), will open its doors to the public at the end of February and it will renew its menu every month or every two months to surprise its customers.
Source: Agencia Anadolu
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: